BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the headers fitted to my car for a few years now, and had a MOT done yestaday. From looking under the car, 3 of the retaining spring clips have broken off on the drivers side collector, resulting in a exhaust leak from the collector. At the moment its being held by the last spring.

Has this happened to anyone here?

Are these springs available on their own? or possibly source a stronger variant?

thanks
tin

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Interesting... I have SS headers waiting installation. Maybe I'll keep an eye on the springs periodically.

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Actually I am at Mantova and Supersprint right now, and if you have Supersprint headers the springs can be received fee of charge from your Supersprint distributor when showing proof of ownership of these headers, or you just contact Supersprint Italy for these.

·
10,458 Posts
i've had some springs go missing in the past as well. I bought mine from board sponsor discovery automotive, they fed ex'd me replacements at no charge.
Mike

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually I am at Mantova and Supersprint right now, and if you have Supersprint headers the springs can be received fee of charge from your Supersprint distributor when showing proof of ownership of these headers, or you just contact Supersprint Italy for these.
Ah cool, thanks for the Gustav, I actually met Alessandro and the team back in october 2004, when they used my m5 to prototype/develop the RightHand drive header system. Will email him and ask about the retaining springs...

thanks to mike too!cherrsagai
cheers
tin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts