BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, I see a lot of interest in the SS headers. This has all been spurned by the RD ones on GB. Well, after discussion with the manufacturer, we are able to offer these till the end of the year for a rock bottom price!

Headers:

$2800 cash/check/money order
$2900 visa/mc/disc/amex

We are also able to offer the Powerchip/evosport evo2 header software for $125 off of the retail price. This software is SPECIFICALLY developed for THESE headers. This is the software that MANY others are trying to get to sell.

You all can do what you want, but no other header and software, or combination of the two, can hold a candle to these!

We will also offer 25% off on our pulley kits through the end of the year!

Thanks

brad

·
10,445 Posts
Brad, What does would you charge for the install, if one were to travel to evosport. If i go the supersprint route, id like a shop who's done it before so there are no surprises. Additionally, how about coating the headers, can you have that done and what is the additional cost. (you can pm me with the details if you'd like)
thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
12,776 Posts
brad @ evosport said:
Headers:

$2800 cash/check/money order
$2900 visa/mc/disc/amex

We are also able to offer the Powerchip software for $125 off of the retail price.

We will also offer 25% off on our pulley kits through the end of the year!

Thanks

brad
Wow, talk about competition improving the breed, this is incredible!!! :thumbsup: Do you think we can get Steve D into the bidding?LOL
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
784 Posts
Folks:

I just want to share that the opening statement in this thread is in the process of being modified to include www.Discovery-Automotive.com in this now even more aggressive price point. When this thread was opened by EVOSport they failed to mention that SuperSprint of Italy, and SuperSprint of North America has alined itself with both Discovery Automotive and EVOSport for the purpose offering in our opinion the best header and exhaust system available at a price that is simpy phenominal. This is a great thing for everyboby.

For those of you that took the plunge and purchased headers since we offered the discounted price you can rest assured that we will reimburse you to the present new price point.

From a personal standpoint let me express how much we appreciate the trust and confidence you bestow upon us everyday.

We will alway share experience based information, present products and services that are tried and true. We are a tuner facility first that use the best products to support our service.

Thank you.

Shadowman

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gang,

There was certainly no "failure" as Bill mentions. Evosport is dedicated to offering the best products at the best prices - PERIOD.

We were approched by Supersprint, as their leading western distributor, to offer a "VERY" competitive price, as they simply did not want to let the consumer get an inferior product from this alternative group buy by another vendor.

It was actually a total surprise to us that Discovery had also been approached to offer the consumer the same fantastic deal.

Buy from evosport or discovery, not an issue. Our companies work together on many things, so it is not a problem from our side. We certainly have no problem with customers having a choice of buying quality products from quality vendors. We are simply eager to offer a fantastic deal on a great product.

Thanks

Brad

·
Registered
682 Posts
Brad.

Great package and great prices! Stick a fork in me cause I am done. Write me up for the whole package. In fact, hook me up with a sweet deal on a 3.64 rear end and I'll throw that in too. :hihi:

Thanks for making such a great deal.

Now if only I could sell my 540...

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
So here are some more details:

> Free shipping in the continental USA
> True two-stage ceramic coating on the headers for $300
> We will also offer ALL Supersprint M5 parts at a highly discounted price till the end of the year.
> We will also offer our hi-flow metallic cats for $250 each for this same time frame. This gives you a reasonably priced alternative to simply remove the stock cats and weld these in.

As for some specific questions:

mottati said:
Brad, What does would you charge for the install, if one were to travel to evosport. If i go the supersprint route, id like a shop who's done it before so there are no surprises. Additionally, how about coating the headers, can you have that done and what is the additional cost. (you can pm me with the details if you'd like)
thanks,
Mike
We charge 8 hours for the installation. This includes installation of the SuperSprint cats or the connecting pipe.

The coating is highly recommended and it is $300.

Falb said:
Brad.

Great package and great prices! Stick a fork in me cause I am done. Write me up for the whole package. In fact, hook me up with a sweet deal on a 3.64 rear end and I'll throw that in too. :hihi:

Thanks for making such a great deal.

Now if only I could sell my 540...
You will love. Let me know if you want to call us or us to call you - just let me know.

LOL. I need to sell my 540 too, what are you asking for yours, what are the details?

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
brad @ evosport said:
> We will also offer our hi-flow metallic cats for $250 for this same time frame...

ummm... really?

·
10,445 Posts
brad @ evosport said:
yep - but it is $250 each, sorry for any misunderstanding. Still a much better value.

Thanks
Brad
Wow, so not much more than the connecting pipes will get a pair of cats too... man. Now that i'm almost certain to finally do headers, you throw in another option.... In reality, how common is the ses light with the cats? I've heard it can be as much as 30%.
Thanks for any info.
Mike

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have never seen the SES light with our mettalic cats, but have seen it with the SS ones. Not sure why actually. This is something that everyone is working to figure out.

Thanks

Brad

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I have the complete SS exhaust system and did get the SES light. I solved this by going to www.o2simulator.com and buying a dual-output O2 simulator. My service tech installed this in the DME compartment and I've had no SES light since. I also know that Powerchip has been trying to see if there is a possible software solution to this that would eliminate the need for the O2 simulator, so if you have this SES light issue (codes for catalytic efficiency), you may want to check with them before going the hardware fix.

I love the headers/racing cats, etc. The sound is beautiful and the power awesome. I coupled this with a 3.45 diff. custom built by Evosport.

My post install dyno showed about 25 RWHP increase, but I think it's really about 30. I had some other problems at the time that may have effected the run.

:cheers:

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
brad @ evosport said:
yep - but it is $250 each, sorry for any misunderstanding. Still a much better value.

Thanks
Brad

Thanks. What brand cats are these? I thought perhaps you were missing a zero in the price, as most discussions about metallic cats center around them being ~$2500.00.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ELEVENS said:
Thanks. What brand cats are these? I thought perhaps you were missing a zero in the price, as most discussions about metallic cats center around them being ~$2500.00.
Yea, I know. We love these things. They are just universal hi-flow hi-performance metallic cats. You do need to have them installed by a professional though for sure.

Thanks

Brad

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
$250 for a high flow metallic cat for the M5.... I must be dreaming.

That's awesome, Brad. Thanks!

·
Registered
682 Posts
brad @ evosport said:
You will love. Let me know if you want to call us or us to call you - just let me know.

LOL. I need to sell my 540 too, what are you asking for yours, what are the details?
I will give you a call next week. Working sucks. It takes up all my time, but it is good for the speed habit.

My 540 is a 1997 with 95K and I am asking $19K for it. It seems like a steal to me considering how well it looks and drives. It is actually quite a fast car. The M5 is just better everywhere.

Do you know if anyone has gone on the smog dyno with these metallic cats? I am tempted to put them on but if I could get away with stock cats and headers then I would rather not have to swap parts every two years.

·
10,445 Posts
Falb said:
Do you know if anyone has gone on the smog dyno with these metallic cats? I am tempted to put them on but if I could get away with stock cats and headers then I would rather not have to swap parts every two years.
I'm thinking the same thing Falb. On the one hand, if you do the aftermarket cats, you'd still have your stock parts in one piece, might be easier IF you had to swap them back to pass smog. On the other hand, a lax smog tech may not notice the headers (how many m5's does the avg smog shop see, anyway), with stock cats, o2 sensors etc in place. Dinan has a little CARB exemption decal for their headers, maybe an enterprising m5'er could make some up :hihi: and one might have an easier time with the visual part of the smog test. In the old days, you could slip a smog guy an extra 50 and they'd run some toyota corolla on the smog machine for you.... :haha:
Mike

·
Registered
198 Posts
So the car won't pass smog with the hi-flow cats/headers/exhaust set up? I thought that the cats would take care of the emissions. Anyone?

Brian

·
10,445 Posts
BrianS said:
So the car won't pass smog with the hi-flow cats/headers/exhaust set up? I thought that the cats would take care of the emissions. Anyone?

Brian
I doubt they'd pass california's visual inspection, unless CARB considers them a replacement part?
Mike

1 - 20 of 54 Posts