BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Folks,

Having seen the excellent post by Gustav and his visit to Italy to see Supersprint in action i have set the ball rolling to try and get headers and the full system for E60 M5 Right Hand Drive cars.

The UK distributor for Supersprint is Eurostyling, who already import some of the system.

http://www.eurostyling.co.uk/

Supersprint need 30 interested parties before they will consider manufacturing the right hand drive header system for the E60 M5.

They also needed a donor RHD car for 3-4 weeks which i have kindly offered my car up for.

There is already interest from South Africa and Australia, so anyone with a right hand drive car anywhere in the world wanting to help us reach the magic number of 30 post your interest here or PM me.

Anyone with membership of other car forums please help spread the word by posting links to this post to help us reach our target of 30 orders so that we can get these into production!

As you will appreciate this is at a very early stage of development (for the right hand drive system) so no fixed price's available yet or exact dyno proof for the right hand drive system, however have a look at the gains achieved and posted by Gustav for left hand drive cars. 50 hp gain plus ECU change

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=79620&highlight=supersprint+dyno+run

Regards

Scotty B

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

First of all thanks Scott for bringing all this to light and for offering up your car as the doner for 3-4 weeks.

I've exchanged a couple of e-mails with Supersprint today and set the wheels in motion for what will hopefully be an end result of RHD headers!

I will keep this thread up-to-date with any news from Supersprint.

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'll now talk SERIOUSLY to BMW South Africa to see if they will let me keep my 100000km full cost motorplan if I fit "just"a set of headers. I'd then have no claim on any exhaust system faults but the rest of the car would still stay under full warranty/motorplan. They allowed this on my 540 Individual but by all accounts are much more fussy when it comes to the E60 M5. Cams and ECU are not "visible"but headers are there for the world to see!! If ok then I'm in.

·
Registered
101 Posts
ScottyB,
Have a word with Mike Cooper of DMS in the UK. Besides offering a good 544hp ECU they were testing some headers last time I called.

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
But the DMS was never comfirmed on dyno only calculates scientific :nono:

Vee Ten GP said:
ScottyB,
Have a word with Mike Cooper of DMS in the UK. Besides offering a good 544hp ECU they were testing some headers last time I called.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Vee Ten GP

Without taking things off topic on this thread purely for SuperSprint.

I had my car done by DMS and sent the dyno chart to Kees and Gustav for posting but it was a big file and never made it for some reason.......it also failed to post when i tried it, but if you read my post link below you will get a flavour of what results i experienced.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=87796&highlight=dms

No disrespect to DMS but i am now going down the route of full SS including headers if possible AND Kelleners treatment for documented guaranteed gains.

Hopefully we will get you onboard Vee Ten as an interested party here's hoping BMW SA give you the answer you are looking for ref warranty.

Regards

ScottyB

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cracking idea Steve,

Any feedback from Italy on our kind offer of the car for the R&D?

Regards

Scott

·
Registered
3 Posts
Scott,

I need to contact Supersprint today and see whats happening.

The last I heard they sent an e-mail to all of the distributors asking for their feedback.

Steve

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
What's the estimate cost of the SS RHD headers? If the price is right, count me in.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gasterus,

We have no estimated cost yet from Supersprint.

What we are looking for initially is 30 interested parties, once we can prove to Italy there is demand for the right hand drive system then they will work out production time/cost etc.

I am going to give Steve at Eurostyling a call today to check on progress

Regards

Scott

·
Registered
101 Posts
What about Evosport or Racing Dynamics headers as an alternative? RD were going to talk to DMS about trying a rhd version but I dont think too much has actually happened here as yet. Anyone have some actual "live"performance improvements from Evo or RD on lhd sets yet so we can see which route is best to follow?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good thinking Vee Ten,

I will have a chat with DMS tomorrow.

I spoke to Steve today he was off to chase SS in Italy for a response.

I have decided to wait on a response, if it does not look like it will happen i am going to invest my money in a trip to Germany to Kelleners in the summer.

Either myself or Steve will post the response here on M5board once we hear back from SS.

Regards

Scott

1 - 13 of 13 Posts