BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Marlin!
Finally! someone with supersprint exhaust has posted a picture! Even though my '01 carbon black beast hasn't arrived yet, I have already been thinking about changing the exhaust. Anyways, can you please post more pictures of the exhaust? I really want to know how the exhaust look from the side, back, and top.

p.s. is the superspring a bolt-on or a wielding job?

thnx!!!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is a link to a detailed photo with a different angle. MarkM5Lauderdale and I will be posting sound clips this weekend.

The best view is streetlevel, I will post a photo tomorrow.

The Muflers were installed with a clamp...so far all installatons I have see have been done with this method. They put a heat shield on the passenger side, but it doesen't really come close enough to the spare tire well to need it.

Oh Yes....

I got a friggin ticket 60 seconds after pulling out of the shop. 68 in a 40!!

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
LOOKS GREAT. BUT HOW DOES IT SOUND !!! HOPE ITS AS GOOD AS IT LOOKS

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it sounds great! No too loud but a nice rumble. We hope to post a file by this weekend comparing stock,Dinan and the SuperSprint.

07/00 M5 Titanium/Silverstone
[email protected]

·
Registered
911 Posts
Marlin,

The new exhaust looks fantastic! I'm looking forward to the sound file(s). Who did the installation (BMW service center?) and what was the approximate cost (if you don't mind me asking
)?

Thanks,

ALX

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Originally posted by marlin:
Marlin,

You have a spare tire well? Could you have meant it would have been nice to have had a "spare tire" well? Just picking! Nice pics and I am looking forward to the sound clip. I am trying to decide between what you have and the Tubi install. I know there is a cost difference, but without actually seeing and hearing it on the cars it is a difficult decision. Thanks for the input.

Mark

This is a link to a detailed photo with a different angle. MarkM5Lauderdale and I will be posting sound clips this weekend.

The best view is streetlevel, I will post a photo tomorrow.

The Muflers were installed with a clamp...so far all installatons I have see have been done with this method. They put a heat shield on the passenger side, but it doesen't really come close enough to the spare tire well to need it.

Oh Yes....

I got a friggin ticket 60 seconds after pulling out of the shop. 68 in a 40!!

·
Registered
385 Posts
There is a spare tire well under the floor. No tire in it. Just the pump and can of fix-a-flat. But the well is definitely still there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts