BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Company Representative for Evolve Automotive
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier this year Evolve were made the main BMW distributer for Supersprint exhausts.

During a visit to the factory we discussed some various aspects of the current E34 M5 system.

This was of great interest to us as we still run a facelift 6 speed E34 M5.

The one thing we never liked about the current offering:

1) Noise level are no more than stock!
2) Tail pipes are old fashioned
3) Tail pipes are too long and face slightly upwards

So,

We'll be introducing a system which will have a centre resonator delete to increase noise levels and a completely redesigned tail pipe design.

The stock exhaust has 2 x 70mm tail pipes.
The new system will have 2 x 76mm and a 2 x 80mm double walled slash cut stagged tail pipes using 1.5 mm wall thickness.

Current Supersprint Exhaust:

Evolve Version:

Tail pipe design:

The Decat system will also be available again which we have fitted to our E34 which sounds excellent and occasionally throws flames!

The system will also be reduced in price slightly because of the centre resonator delete.

The first system should be with us in about 4 weeks and we will update with images.

So.... we haven't forgotton the great E34, new things can are still happening!

·
Super Moderator
10,462 Posts
looks nice, and must weigh a good deal less than the OE system!:wroom:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Still waiting for you guys and very interested in the exhaust please update us!

·
Registered
133 Posts
What is the status on this custom system? I am very interested to know about price and availability. I am curious if it includes a resonator as an option or is it only avail as res delete? I would prefer a resonator in addition to the muffler to reduce drone when driving around. I do like the decat option though especially since the SS decat pipe is mia.

·
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Apologies for not updating this section.

The system is available. Pipe sizes are the same as stock throughout.

The standard Supersprint system makes hardly any noise over stock and hence why we have decided to use a non res system.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Great to hear...........I would really like to hear and see this setup on a car - any pics on car and video you can share? Also, without the res is there a drone in the vehicle at all at certain RPMs - particularly with the cat delete? I like semi-loud but I do not like droning.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I have dealt with EVOLVE on a few occasions, as have some other board members in Sweden, and lets just say that in true form to the response times in this thread, you will have to get used to waiting, and waiting and waiting.

Now I don't like to bad mouth people on a public forum so please see this as a friendly reminder that customer service should be one of pillars of a successful business...especially in this market.

So shape up :)

Lantz

·
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have dealt with EVOLVE on a few occasions, as have some other board members in Sweden, and lets just say that in true form to the response times in this thread, you will have to get used to waiting, and waiting and waiting.

Now I don't like to bad mouth people on a public forum so please see this as a friendly reminder that customer service should be one of pillars of a successful business...especially in this market.

So shape up :)

Lantz
Hi,

Appreciate the response. I admit, in your case things didn't go so fast. Feedback taken on board.

I spend too much time on the other parts of the forum and don't give enough time to the E34 guys. So my apology for this. I may aswell be honest about it rather than making some pathetic excuse.

Ok, I was at Supersprint the whole of last week.

All of the new productions will not be with either 76mm or 80mm tail pipes chrome polished with a 2.5mm wall thickness. So the tail pipes can look like stock but slightly larger.

The centre exhaust will be non resonated to add some needed exhaust note.

Price update will be coming this week.

Anyone can feel free to email me directly on [email protected]

·
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
have u got a sound demonstration video for this system?

also what sort of price we talkin for a both cat delete and cat back?
Unfortunately not. I sold my E34 earlier this year.

The DECAT pipe is no longer available. Can be remade if there is enough interest.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.