BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just landed in the country :)

A previously obsolete part for the E34 M5 but with the help of a few friends it's now back in production!

Will update with pics and hopefully some improved sound clips!

·
Registered
225 Posts
That`s very good news! I have wanted that part for long, but I was told the production was stopped. Great to hear these news :applause:.

Best Regards, Janne.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Supersprint DeCAT fitted yesterday with the rest of the system as the standard one (now 12 yrs old).

I'm quite a sceptic when it comes to exhausts and refuse to be fooled by placebo effects but this has definately made a difference to performance.

Can't really tell much in gears 1-3 but once into 4th,5th and 6th the engine definately pulls harder and more freely. Response is better.

Sound wise there is also a difference but currently it's nothing significant because my intake system drowns out any exhaust noise under load.

I fitted it myself and was not hard (other than the old CAT being quite heavy!) Fitted really well.

I may go for the full Supersprint centre section and back box too and have the tail pipes modded to look like standard.

Have some pics which I will post up later and I weighed the standard and decat pipe. Will post the weights next week when I find the piece of paper I wrote it all on.

·
Registered
103 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts

·
10,456 Posts
could you not use an eissenmann designed for the e34 m5?

surprised to see dinan offers a muffler for the 540 and not the m5 anymore.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Eisenmann make a 540 muffler too, there was one for sale on german ebay a while back.

Lantz

·
Registered
396 Posts
Any news about the supersprint decat ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts