BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a CAT back CORSA exhuast. My question is if this section (Supersprint BMW E60 M5 Front Connecting Pipes Cat Delete (Section 1).....) will bolt directly on my current system? Also, if I dont replace my stock headers or the Xpipe is there any HP to gain with this MOD? Looking for feedback from anyone that may have tried this already......

Attachments

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Yes and yes!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahmed, any reason this couldn't be a DIY project? Also, great video i watched last night of you and the GT3/ZO6. BTW... out of pure curiosity, how much can you pick up a used 06/07 M5 over there?

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Ahmed, any reason this couldn't be a DIY project? Also, great video i watched last night of you and the GT3/ZO6. BTW... out of pure curiosity, how much can you pick up a used 06/07 M5 over there?
It can be a DIY, I don't see a problem in that!

A used 06/07 M5 here goes for $35k to $40k, all M5's here are low mileage because our country is very small! I paid $51k for my '06 fully loaded with extended leather and 12k miles on the clock! That was back in July 2009

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
It can be a DIY, I don't see a problem in that!

A used 06/07 M5 here goes for $35k to $40k, all M5's here are low mileage because our country is very small! I paid $51k for my '06 fully loaded with extended leather and 12k miles on the clock! That was back in July 2009
With all due respect Sir, I don't think it can be DIY, unless you have a metal cutting saw to cut your stock exhaust.

I might be wrong here, but you shall have to cut your stock exhaust just before the cats to bolt this on.

·
Registered
114 Posts
you need a tune, and some thing to cut the pipes off, i recommend u to bring to someone who have a plasma cuter (easier job) or anyone with a torch or cutter can cut it for u , i have 1 but unluckily i am like 20 hours away by flight, so i don't think i can help u lol.

if you are going to get the section 1

why not just buy the Rpi's section 1 and 2 instead.

they are proven gains :p

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
With all due respect Sir, I don't think it can be DIY, unless you have a metal cutting saw to cut your stock exhaust.

I might be wrong here, but you shall have to cut your stock exhaust just before the cats to bolt this on.
Correct, the OEM exhaust is one piece from immeidately after the headers to the end pipes!
I am assuming the person who is going to DIY an exhaust installation knows the basics of cutting and clamping!

If not, then I highly suggest taking it to an exhaust shop! The install takes 10 minutes if you know what youre doing! My exhaust was installed with minimal tools and facilities. No lift, and on a hot exhaust too! The guys were just good, that's all that is needed!

Cutting mid pipes took 12 seconds! LOL

Pics attached

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
I currently have a CAT back CORSA exhuast. My question is if this section (Supersprint BMW E60 M5 Front Connecting Pipes Cat Delete (Section 1).....) will bolt directly on my current system? Also, if I dont replace my stock headers or the Xpipe is there any HP to gain with this MOD? Looking for feedback from anyone that may have tried this already......
This Supersprint section 1 is specifically made to connect to Supersprint headers. If you want an easy Section 1 cat delete install to stock headers, go RPI.

·
Registered
59 Posts
We confirm that this Supersprint item (789212) will only bolt to the Supersprint Headers.
If you keep your stock headers & precats, you need a different Supersprint item, the part no.789312, which will be a direct, bolt-on application.
They actually look similar to the pipes shown in the photo, but they have an additional flange in their front section, which connects to the stock headers, directly.
This is a first-step performance modification, which is relatively inexpensive, but it will only provide for a small increase al low rpm, and offer a slightly bigger gain from 5000 rpm on up (+10 Hp at peak).
Nothing to compare to the increase that the full Supersprint headers will get you.
Using your stock, cat-back exhaust, or the Supersprint cat-back system, after the cat-delete pipes, will be irrelevant on the gain.
For the installation with the stock cat-back, you will simply need to purchase a pair of 65mm pipe sleeves, in order to connect the ends of these SS pipes to your cat-back section.
The sleeves are available at your BMW dealer, or from us, upon request. No sleeves are needeed, if you use the SS cat-back.
No welding required. The whole process is a 30 minute job.

Alessandro Gilli
Supersprint
Italy

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow... great information. I can't say how much I appreciate all the reply's! It's truly amazing how everyone shares info on here..... All the posts explained my options/facts with what I want to do. Now all I have to do is make a decision.......hmmm

1 - 10 of 10 Posts