BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wondering if anyone has bought a software upgrade from the UK company Superchips? They claim it gives 24hp increase and some decent torque figures, and I would like to know if anyone has noticed a big difference. My car already runs as well as it can as I have the plugs, oil and filters changed every 1500 miles, she only drinks Optimax, and I throw a couple of Octane Boosts in every full tank. I know the engine has knock sensors etc to help with potential detonation problems, but at the end of the day this is a high compression V8 and after having Chargers and Mustangs for a few years, I can't have my beast going thirsty! She must like it because I drove past a Subaru 22B yesterday in third like he was standing still. There's no replacement for displacement.
So the thought of some software helping me advance her timing is an interesting prospect.
Thanks for your help,
Stu.:M5launch:

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
A friend of mine here in Bahrain took his DME to the UK and got it remapped by Superchip!

His DME was previously chipped by Dinan.

But he's very happy with it.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Hi Stu,

A number of UK owners have had their cars chipped but I've heard mixed reviews about Superchips. May I suggest you contact Birds of Uxbridge and see what they recommend:

http://www.birds.uk.com/

You could always come along to one of our meets and talk to the owners in person :cool2:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
yep, have heard mixed reviews on the superchips setup, if you look at their dyno plots, only really gives you an extra boost at 6.5k+ rpms, which is too high for a gain for normal day-to-day driving imho.

Carrera2RS, has the superchips setup along with a few other mods, and it very pleased with it. It makes sense to have afew other mods, which can all benefit, rather than just doing the ecu and keeping everything else oem.

all depends what you want to get out of it, as everyones different. :wroom:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all of your replies, I really appreciate your time and comments,
Stu.
ps friend of mine gets his E60 V10 next week. Can't wait!
:M5launch:

Tin said:
yep, have heard mixed reviews on the superchips setup, if you look at their dyno plots, only really gives you an extra boost at 6.5k+ rpms, which is too high for a gain for normal day-to-day driving imho.

Carrera2RS, has the superchips setup along with a few other mods, and it very pleased with it. It makes sense to have afew other mods, which can all benefit, rather than just doing the ecu and keeping everything else oem.

all depends what you want to get out of it, as everyones different. :wroom:

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I have the mods listed below compared to standard it feels stronger at the top end and revvier. Delivered about 415-420 when dyno'd With ALL the mods not just chip. Kelleners sound great !:wroom:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts