BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any preferences out there for Dinan's, Active Autowerke's, Discovery Automotive's or other's single or twin systems?

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
AA isn't done, DA does custom setups and CA is based on AA...So that kinda leaves Dinan and DA and you can't compare them.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Roughly, how much would it cost to intall a supercharger? Then how much would that be plus labor? Would there need to be any mods done to the car before the beast can be supercharged?

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Petey Pop said:
Roughly, how much would it cost to intall a supercharger? Then how much would that be plus labor? Would there need to be any mods done to the car before the beast can be supercharged?

Dinans is $70,000 total...AA hasn't been relesed but around 10,000-15000. Bet on around 15000 and any car it's good to keep another 5000 for holy **** money in case somthing happens.

Plenty has been written please search.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I might be a little biased... But i would go with the Discovery Automotive setup. Those guys have been great to me ever since I've owned mine. They are very helpful and answer all the questions i ask. Also, they don't just have 1 way of doing things. So the kit you chose would be to your liking. You don't get stuck with "the norm".

josh.

·
Company Representative for Active Autowerke
189 Posts
Hey guys,

Our Supercharger kit will be released fairly soon. I apologize for the delay but everything is done as far as the hardware and we are just finishing up the software ( as we like to test the vehicle for a decent amount of time for real driving conditions as we did with the M3). I will update everyone here as soon as I have numbers to provide. If you search there is a thread with more information and pictures

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
ACTIVE AUTOWERKE said:
Hey guys,

Our Supercharger kit will be released fairly soon. I apologize for the delay but everything is done as far as the hardware and we are just finishing up the software ( as we like to test the vehicle for a decent amount of time for real driving conditions as we did with the M3). I will update everyone here as soon as I have numbers to provide. If you search there is a thread with more information and pictures

Can you relase the price yet?

·
Company Representative for Active Autowerke
189 Posts
Jayson said:
Can you relase the price yet?
Sorry,

Unfortunetly I cannot due to the simple fact we will be having a special introductory price.I will have that price sometime in SEPT. If you look at our track record I assure you that the pricing will be reasonable. Here is a link to our M5 page w/ other info.

http://www.aatuning.com/supercharger/e39m5/main.php

Thanks for being interested guys. I will be back with more updates soon.

·
Registered
138 Posts
ACTIVE AUTOWERKE said:
Sorry,

Unfortunetly I cannot due to the simple fact we will be having a special introductory price.I will have that price sometime in SEPT. If you look at our track record I assure you that the pricing will be reasonable. Here is a link to our M5 page w/ other info.

http://www.aatuning.com/supercharger/e39m5/main.php

Thanks for being interested guys. I will be back with more updates soon.
Will those that are first (or 2nd in my case) on the waiting list be given special pricing or just anyone who buys in the "introductory period"? I would think some might want to take advantage of the pricing depending on what stance they would need to be in.

:cheers:

Sean

1 - 11 of 11 Posts