BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am the original owner of this car, but now it is time to sell as I have too many speeding tickets :biggrinbounce:. It was a conversion that started at RMS, then went on to Discovery Automotive and was finally completed by Active Autowerke.

The car is in excellent shape and can be used as a daily driver, although I only use it as an occasional driver at this point.

When the car was first completed, it was featured in Car & Driver. After Discovery worked on it, it appeared in BMWCar Magazine. The car has improved in appearance and performance since these tests have been performed. The wheels are now different and in the BMWCar Magazine article, they listed the Rear Wheel numbers on the M5 and the crank numbers on the Z8 for some reason. I have attached both of those articles, a dyno chart and compression test results along with current pictures of the car.

The Dinan S3 M5 is most similar to this car. Almost everything is the same as that car. If you were to build a Dinan S3 today with a 2001 M5, it would cost you about $25K for a similar condition stock M5 + $70K for the Dinan S3 conversion -- or about $95K. Granted, with that you get a warranty -- with mine, instead you get a huge discount and a little more power. That's why this M5 is priced at $60K

Please contact me at: [email protected] with questions.

Thanks,

Bryan

NOTE: I could not upload the files for reason, but will email a zip file with the pics, articles, road tests and dyno and compression tests to anybody with an interest

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
'01 SUPERCHARGED M5

I am the original owner of this car, but now it is time to sell as I have too many speeding tickets :biggrinbounce:. It was a conversion that started at RMS, then went on to Discovery Automotive and was finally completed by Active Autowerke.

The car is in excellent shape and can be used as a daily driver, although I only use it as an occasional driver at this point.

When the car was first completed, it was featured in Car & Driver. After Discovery worked on it, it appeared in BMWCar Magazine. The car has improved in appearance and performance since these tests have been performed. The wheels are now different and in the BMWCar Magazine article, they listed the Rear Wheel numbers on the M5 and the crank numbers on the Z8 for some reason. I have attached both of those articles, a dyno chart and compression test results along with current pictures of the car.

The Dinan S3 M5 is most similar to this car. Almost everything is the same as that car. If you were to build a Dinan S3 today with a 2001 M5, it would cost you about $25K for a similar condition stock M5 + $70K for the Dinan S3 conversion -- or about $95K. Granted, with that you get a warranty -- with mine, instead you get a huge discount and a little more power. That's why this M5 is priced at $60K

Thanks,

Bryan

NOTE: I could not upload the files for reason, but will email a zip file with the pics, articles, road tests and dyno and compression tests to anybody with an interest
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Pics

How much are you willing to let the car go for?
The Dinan S3 M5 is most similar to this car. Almost everything is the same as that car. If you were to build a Dinan S3 today with a 2001 M5, it would cost you about $25K for a similar condition stock M5 + $70K for the Dinan S3 conversion -- or about $95K. Granted, with that you get a warranty -- with mine, instead you get a huge discount and a little more power.

That's why this M5 is priced at $60K

Thanks,

Bryan

Attachments

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
877 Posts
wow... I didnt know there were other FI beasts running around out there we didnt know about... any vids???

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow... I didnt know there were other FI beasts running around out there we didnt know about... any vids???
No vids -- by the time I got the car finished, I was no longer into doing anything with it that would be worth putting on video. I actually drove the car faster before I had it supercharged, I guess I chalk that up to my being older now and to having so many tickets that I'm afraid to speed. Ironically, I never got a ticket in this car! :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Hey Brian how is it goin? Good Luck with the sale. I am still eyeballing your car :eek: I will be in Orlando early April maybe i can take a look??? Are you far from there.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Brian how is it goin? Good Luck with the sale. I am still eyeballing your car :eek: I will be in Orlando early April maybe i can take a look??? Are you far from there.
Sure, if you are here and the car is still around that sounds fine. Port orange is around 50 mins. from Orlando (it's near Daytona)

Bryan

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now you tell me ;)

·
Registered
543 Posts
Is that a small block chevy engine in place of the S62:1:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well that certainly would have been a lot easier to convert, but no :)

·
Registered
804 Posts
What work was done to the motor?

·
Registered
241 Posts
gee, why wasn't RMS able to finish the job? just kidding. nice car- good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What work was done to the motor?
No work was done to the motor. The engine remains stock inside which I felt very good about considering that Dinan went the same route and offered a warranty. Both my car and the S3 run the same boost and I figured (after the fact) that if Dinan felt the engine was strong enough, that was good enough for me.

·
Registered
959 Posts
What color/trim is the interior? Please send me the zip file to doctorv8 at gmail, thanks....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts