BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting a x pipe for my M5.
Does anyone have one and can provide some
information?Horsepower boost?Sound?
I already have Dinan exhaust.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
There are lots of posts on this, you might want to try the search function./..

·
10,455 Posts
probably minimal hp gain, there was a post where someone claimed to have lost some power. With dinan mufflers, it will be pretty loud.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
I find the x pipe to cut weight down over the stock resonators, improve throttle response and add a tiny bit more of power (may be my imagination). It will also make the car quite a bit louder and raspier. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
92 Posts
mottati said:
probably minimal hp gain, there was a post where someone claimed to have lost some power. With dinan mufflers, it will be pretty loud.
Will you be going to the Bimmerfest 05 in Santa Barbara with the bay area caravan? The description of your beast seems spectacular and would really impress at the event. So far there's five beasts committed with Emperor. Looks like there's only a small group of beasts that will be representing. Hope you will consider. Is the X pipe alone really worth it and will it sound any different with stock mufflers? :byee55amg

·
10,455 Posts
rhfong1 said:
Will you be going to the Bimmerfest 05 in Santa Barbara with the bay area caravan? The description of your beast seems spectacular and would really impress at the event. So far there's five beasts committed with Emperor. Looks like there's only a small group of beasts that will be representing. Hope you will consider. Is the X pipe alone really worth it and will it sound any different with stock mufflers? :byee55amg
I wish i could but won't make it this time. Too many other commitments and family events going on these next couple of months to get away for the weekend. (especially without the kids!)

As for the X pipe, i do think it's a worthwile addition. I have heard people who use it with the stock cans say it is very minimally louder. You are saving some weight, which is good, and possibly adding a few hp.
Mike

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rhfong1 said:
I live in F lorida so I don't think I will make it
to California.My car already has dinan exhaust
so from what I've been told it should sound
pretty awesome. :M5eyes:

·
Registered
92 Posts
mottati said:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts