BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I know this has been covered loads of times......but I still can't find a definitive answer.

When cold (I think it's mostly when cold), sometimes even gentle coaxing of the accelerator when in 2nd or 1st results in super jerky running. I've just had a new clutch fitted, is this the likely suspect, or the MAFS? It happens with and without DSC enabled, and sport and normal mode selected.

I've got the car going to the stealership for its huge Inspection II next Wednesday, hopefully they'll shed some light, but any ideas of what it might be appreciated...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Check my post"Violent jerking while accelerating".

I've had it in the shop several times and they haven't found the cause yet. I think it's now the DME as they've changed the MAFS, cats and checked out the cam sensors.

I'll keep you posted.

Keith

·
Registered
174 Posts
FYI : The best cure that I found for this was letting the car warm up to where the orange lights get to atleast 6k rpm.. I have not had a problem with the " I don't know how to drive stick" jerkiness since I started doing this. Just my $.10:blabla:

·
Registered
225 Posts
I had the same problem and (after much discussion/examination at the stealership) discovered it to be the MAF Sensors as being the culprit......

Robert

1 - 4 of 4 Posts