BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Sunroof no longer tilts to vent but slides open and closed (and seals) no problem. My 2003 is unders CPO so I brought it in for repair along with another real axle seal leak, Aghhhh. SA calls and says the sunroof mechanics are not covered under CPO??? I ask for him to show me where this is stated and he gets real vague - so I go to BMW web site and pull up "whats not covered" under the CPO and see the sunroof is not excluded then call BMW NA and they agree it should be covered but defer to the SA.

Any suggestions in how to deal with this and not piss off the SA? Has anyone else had the sunroof repaied under CPO?

I remember seeing a post regarding sunroof tilt repair but as usual now I search and cannot find it. I figure if they refuse to repair under CPO I will give it a go...

All comments are greatly appreciated..

·
Registered
723 Posts
He's made a mistake. Go there and calmly show him the list of exclusions and discuss your phone call with BMWNA. I'm sure they will help you out.

·
Registered
12,873 Posts
He's made a mistake. Go there and calmly show him the list of exclusions and discuss your phone call with BMWNA. I'm sure they will help you out.
+1. As long as they are getting reimbursed for warranty work (albeit at a lower rate than customer work), the dealer should be happy to do the repair.
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
+2.. they're realise once shown that you are indeed covered and repair it without incident (you would think:))

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the comments.

- We continued to go back and forth on this issue until I called BMWNA and informed the SA that they said the repair is CPO covered, then he "had to go back and check on it". He offered the "50 / 50 split" for $700 after this and said BMW made a mistake. So I drove by the dealer without them knowing and looked the car over and found they managed to screw up the sunroof worse than when I brought it in... I called the SA back and told him that I wanted to get the policy from BMWNA in writing on this and his offer for the 50 / 50 split in writing but was not going to do the work and wanted my car back in the same condition as when it came in. He said he would check with the shop and call me back as to when I could pick it up.

He called back after a while and told me that he and the Service Manager went to bat for me and will cover the repair 100%. I think its because they screwed up the sunroof and didn't want to admit it....

Not a good way to do business. They have now lost my trust after many years of loyalty. As a note the same dealer told me I needed a entire sunroof replacement on my 97 M3 when it jammed up, I refused the $1800 repair and brought it home to find a rock stuck in the slide channel and no other problem.

Is this how BMW makes money on Sunroof repairs and 50 / 50 splits?

I bet if I went for the 50 /50 split they would have installed the $50 sunroof repair kit of parts and 2 hours of labor????

:M5launch:

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Blinders and narrow minds that don't think out of the box.

The best fix (for the $tealers) are to always replace the "faulty" unit regardless if it's truly fried or (as in your case) just a small pebble.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
They have now lost my trust after many years of loyalty.
Call the service manager and very calmly explain what occurred from your perspective.

Tell him that your trust has been shattered, and you wanted to get his personal feedback before moving on to a new dealership (true or not).

Then listen.

He will either make it right, or just forestall any immediate decision on your part and ensure that NEXT time you'll be treated right.

They were shaking you down for $700 on top of what BMW CPO would have covered! Don't for a minute think they were only going to submit 50% to BMWNA on the CPO claim...

A

1 - 9 of 9 Posts