BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone experience the sunroof closing for a split second then opening to about 3 inches. If I lift slightly on the leading edge while closing it will close completely. I checked the tracks and all appears ok. Any help would be appreciated. thanks Jonny??????

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
sampsue said:
Anyone experience the sunroof closing for a split second then opening to about 3 inches. If I lift slightly on the leading edge while closing it will close completely. I checked the tracks and all appears ok. Any help would be appreciated. thanks Jonny??????
Mines the same, and beware it hurts if you use your finger and dont move it quick enough, I have a long thin piece of plastic.
WillM5AD

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good tip! ouich Hopefuuly someone has had this problem resolved and will chip in. Jonny

·
Registered
77 Posts
Press in and hold the sunroof button for 30 seconds. Don't push the button forward or backward but straight up. This will make the sunroof reset itself, and this usually corrects this problem.

LL

·
Registered
131 Posts
I believe the response is correct. You need to re-initialize the sunroof, but I thought this was done by pushing the sunroof switch all the way forward and holding it for 30 seconds not directly up. The roof panel will move and then settel but keep holding the switch for a minute or so, if you hold it for to short of a time it will not re-initialize.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone, I tried pushing in for 30 seconds and it makes a slight adjustment but still does not close. I also tried pushing forward with no luck.:confused:

Any other suggestions? Much appreciated Jonny

1 - 7 of 7 Posts