BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Great taste, beautiful setup and awesome pictures. Very nice!
+1 on the drop. It will like a different animal if you do the drop as I am sure you know it.
How do you like the exhaust? I have been looking into GTC, but I have not seen any in person and there is not much videoes to be found to hear it! Do you mind sharing a bit more info on that? Perhaps some more detailed pictures of the setup including the wiring for the valves and the interior switch! How do you like the tone? A video would certainly be appreciated!
I hope I am not asking for too much!ouich
I really like the GTC. The tone when the valve is wide open can be a bit drone-y in 7th at 90+mph, but is otherwise great. We mounted the switch under the dash on the left. My only comment on it is that it is big and was kind of difficult to put in a convenient location.

A pic for the wiring on the undercarriage will require a trip to the shop and up on a lift, so that won't be coming anytime soon, but I can try to get a pic of the switch. BTW I did do the drop and the rest of the Dinan mods this summer and I'm happy. We just got like 6" more snow last pm, but I'll see if I can get a pic of the car with my winter wheels on, too. With Dinan, the drop is more about performance than appearance, so it is only about 3/4". I can see a difference, but I bet no one who hadn't looked closely before can notice. I can see what I can do about the video, but I need a partner in crime for that and my wife is not a willing participant, especially in the snow.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Here are some pics with my winter wheels/snow tires on.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Very nice.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks Ken for the great pictures! Great car! As you anticipated, the drop looks good, not going over the top. A couple of questions ...
What is your winter wheel/tire package?
Can you ellaborate a bit about performance difference once the Stage 2 suspension was installed in terms of handling and ride?
AGO

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks Ken for the great pictures! Great car! As you anticipated, the drop looks good, not going over the top. A couple of questions ...
What is your winter wheel/tire package?
Can you ellaborate a bit about performance difference once the Stage 2 suspension was installed in terms of handling and ride?
AGO
The wheels themselves are a long painful saga: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e63-bmw-m6-forum-bmw-m6-convertible-m6board-com/154225-need-advice-poorly-fit-custom-wheels.html

The tires are 20" Pirelli Winter 240 Sottozero's from Tire Rack, which are terrific.

With the new suspension, I bottom out in one particular place when they close the parking garage at my work, which happens like once every 3 months. Although the handling was great before, I feel that on tight corners at higher speed, the car seems more stable. There is one turn on a curvy road to my house that is banked in the wrong direction. Some NASCAR fan will know the correct terminology here. Anyway, I feel much more secure on that turn than before, I think due to the lower center of gravity. Also there was one place that I used to rub on my of my rears on a bump and that is gone, too. At the same time, my wife cannot notice an increased stiffness when I have the suspension set to soft, so she is happy, too.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Thank you for the info on the exhaust, and the pictures! This would atleast give me some ideas of what I should expect. Your car looks stunning! I like the drop! I have asked around about the Dinan suspention, and I have heard nothing but positive feedback! ofcourse the only negative I heard was the price in comparison to the other brands, but I heard the performance would justify for the price!
You have a beautiful setup there. Once again, thank you for sharing!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts