BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
I'm in.

However, I can meet you guys on the way down to Captree.
I could meet you on the side of the LIE or Northern State Pkwy (depending on which way you come).

I guess I will miss one of my best dream times that morning.

Brett

·
Registered
693 Posts
So as Brett (bboomer) suggested we should do a northeast M meet.

I suggest we all meet at Bloomingdales in white plains and do a run out to captree (long island) for the car meet that happens every sunday. Usually plenty of exotic cars there although quite a bit of american muscle also. The ride there will be tons of fun assuming we meet up early enough. Therin lies the problem, for this to really be fun we should depart Bloomies no later than 6am so we would have to meet up at 5:30-545. Who is in? I say once we get to captree we hang out for a bit and then we can all go grab a late breakfast and bullshit for a bit.
Anthony,
At that hour (or even @ 7AM) - it will only take you guys 35 or 40 minutes to get to Captree.
8AM is a good time to get to Captree - since I think it starts getting really crowded after 9AM.
What do you think?

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
Oh boy....go karting SAT...Sunday so early...3:15 am leave time for me...I'll still be soar from karting....I'm thinking about it....5 th trip to NY this year with you guys,,.....
Talking it over with Arash and Doug, Chris....

·
Registered
302 Posts
jidex, definitely hopin i can make it this weekend...would love a reproduction of the last trip back :M5launch:

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Normally would be in for this, but commited to a P-car run up North. Have a safe fun run.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Confirmed List:

1) Ajcut7 (assuming my car is fixed)
2) Dinodeal
3) Yumemaru
4) Mfizzlenyc (most likely)
5) V10Beast
6) Jbizzy21 (maybe)
7) Thrilos5
8) Deelaw
9) Audioguy (most likely)
10) M5Deamon (most likely)
11) Bonehead (tentative)
12) BBoomer
13) Unfoundhorsepower (maybe)
14) Jidex

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Anthony,
At that hour (or even @ 7AM) - it will only take you guys 35 or 40 minutes to get to Captree.
8AM is a good time to get to Captree - since I think it starts getting really crowded after 9AM.
What do you think?
Your right, I would still like to meet early and we can do the drive past captree at maybe go to rt 27 heading out east and then turn around and go to captree to be there for 8. The fact that everyone is cool with meeting so early means we can really have some good clean fun. I want to do more driving with everyone than just the 35 min sprint to captree. I didnt realize it was so close. So I will take out a map when I have some downtime tomorrow and try to finalize a route. 6am will stay the departure time though and eventually we will end up at captree.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Your right, I would still like to meet early and we can do the drive past captree at maybe go to rt 27 heading out east and then turn around and go to captree to be there for 8. The fact that everyone is cool with meeting so early means we can really have some good clean fun. I want to do more driving with everyone than just the 35 min sprint to captree. I didnt realize it was so close. So I will take out a map when I have some downtime tomorrow and try to finalize a route. 6am will stay the departure time though and eventually we will end up at captree.
That sounds like fun.
I'm only asking to figure out what time I should meet up with you guys here on the LIE or N. State Pkwy.
Don't forget to call me on my cell to let me know when you're leaving White Plains.
I figure at that hour in the AM it should take you guys no longer than 20 minutes to reach my area - Great Neck/Roslyn.
Also let me know if you're planning on taking the LIE or N. State Pkwy.
This sounds like it's gonna be fun!!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
No problem Brett. Please PM me your cell as I do not have it. Also to everyone else on the run, if I do not have your cell numbers please PM them to me as people tend to get seperated on these runs and it is good for at least one person to be able to get in touch with everyone else.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Confirmed List:

2) Dinodeal
3) Yumemaru
5) V10Beast
6) Jbizzy21 (maybe)
7) Thrilos5
8) Deelaw
11) Bonehead (tentative)
12) BBoomer
14) Jidex
15) Avry
16) nyc-srt8

Will as the odd man out without an M car, on the straightaways do you mind being the spotter once or twice? Also if Ed says his car sounds like yours I am looking forward to hearing it. This is turning into quite a meet for such short notice guys!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Will, where the hell you been, man? My car sounds like yours now:)
I've been busy with work man. Don't tell me your running straight pipes now!j/k:haha:. I got a new car too, a 07 300c srt8 in red. My exhaust is currently stock so your car will be waaaaaaaaaay louder than mine. But, I will be installing high-flow cats on saturday and a custom exhaust the following weekend.:cool2:

Do you know if any guys will be meeting at the rest stop off the southern state pkwy?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Confirmed List:

2) Dinodeal
3) Yumemaru
5) V10Beast
6) Jbizzy21 (maybe)
7) Thrilos5
8) Deelaw
11) Bonehead (tentative)
12) BBoomer
14) Jidex
15) Avry
16) nyc-srt8

Will as the odd man out without an M car, on the straightaways do you mind being the spotter once or twice? Also if Ed says his car sounds like yours I am looking forward to hearing it. This is turning into quite a meet for such short notice guys!

No problem. Eventhough, I never been a spotter before. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
No problem. Eventhough, I never been a spotter before. :dunno:

Its easy, on one or two straight parts of the road which I will scout out before hand the few speed demons we have will slow down while one or a few cars continue at normal speed to check for any LEOs hiding and once your at the end of the road you radio back that its clear and the rest of us can open the cars up a bit without fear of being arrested:D

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
im a maybe !!

got plans for the nite be4 and may still be dwi @ that hour !!

def dont need that headache again !!

maybe i'll just try not to drink ----- actually every time i try to do that i end up drinking even more. lol...

·
Registered
216 Posts
im a maybe !!

got plans for the nite be4 and may still be dwi @ that hour !!

def dont need that headache again !!

maybe i'll just try not to drink ----- actually every time i try to do that i end up drinking even more. lol...

I know you're scared I may embarrass you AGAIN on the straights and twisties. You don't have to admit it publicly...totally understand you not coming...j\k

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Confirmed List:

2) Dinodeal
3) Yumemaru
5) V10Beast
6) Jbizzy21 (maybe)
7) Thrilos5
8) Deelaw
11) Bonehead (tentative)
12) BBoomer
14) Jidex
15) Avry
16) nyc-srt8
17) LI-M5 (maybe)

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Alright guys I just did the google map. about 130 miles to captree if I had to guess, leaving at 6am we should hopefully get there around 8am and get to park our cars. We are taking the long route for sure but some amazing roads that are well paved with lots of straight bits. I will PM you all the link to the map later this week.

Also Neil you can meet us on our way through LI you dont have to be at the bloomies start point which should give you some extra sleep.

21 - 40 of 153 Posts
About this Discussion
152 Replies
29 Participants
andrewsherman
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing