BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still not sure which to go for the SPG or the sunblinds [rear window & rear sides] ?

I am thinking for a few reasons:

1) safety - SPG v Rear Blinds [which can be folded down] ?

2) looks - saw all cars with blinds. Only saw the concept M5 with SPG

Any advice which option to go for please ?

Thanks??????

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
It's a very subjective matter. I'm going with side & rear blinds.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Does SPG have any impact on the effectiveness of a Radar Detector mounted behind it?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Jessem

I have SPG in my car at the moment and my GPS radar protector can't get it's position, BUT IMHO the Glass looks much better.........:M5launch:

·
Registered
766 Posts
I suspect the SPG does look better, but here in the states an effective radar detector is critical if you ever exceed the double nickel. Speeding violations are a major source of income for our state and local police. I've heard that some of the protective coatings deflect radar and other rf transmissions. Guess you can add GPS to that list.

Thnx for the feedback!

SiGreen said:
Jessem

I have SPG in my car at the moment and my GPS radar protector can't get it's position, BUT IMHO the Glass looks much better.........:M5launch:

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Even though I live in a hot climate, I don't like deeply tinted windows as they decrease visability, especially at night. I'll go for the shades.

Tom

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
I like both! I find the auto dimming rear view mirrors dont dim enough for my tastes. My eyes are sensitive :rolleyes:. In a car with a sun shade, I often keep it down in the day and up at night! I dont go for the mega tint either. If I could Id get both. Medium tint + sun shades to make it darker if needed.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Anyone got a picture of the SPG? I'm thinking of ordering it on my B5...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts