BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered about if we could possibly sort a meeting in the UK in the Summer, somewhere near Nottingham/Leciester as thats where Alpina`s come frm and the locations are quite central. woul dbe nice to see all models old and new alike?

What do u reckon? :confused3

·
Banned
664 Posts
Good for me - my only reservation is that it will be around the same time as the Germany trip. Therefore it may pay us to do it earlier or later on ?

Location great for me :hihi:

What do others think ?

·
Registered
339 Posts
i'd love to get an Alpina meet organised.. a good suggestion (for those of us in the car club would be to have a separate Alpina register meeting organised at Gaydon (or where ever the national event will be this year) in August...

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Andy
I agree, but I would like to see a seperate meeting that would be thrown open to all who own an Alpina regardless of their membership or not.
If a meeting can be arranged to coincide with the annual CC meet, it would be good, but I can't help thinking a seperate item would be a good idea as well.
AG

·
Registered
339 Posts
totally agree and I would obviously love to attend such an event... so where and when?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im not from that neck of the woods but im sure there will be a nice location, i just thought that most people could not afford to go to germany hence the idea, anytime in summer would be fine.

I think we should start a list of people interested and where they are from. Copy and paste names

Naz/Hap Lachs silver C2 2.7 scunthorpe

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Well I would come along, but am temporarily between Alpinas.... unless someone wants to lend me theirs! :D

·
Registered
158 Posts
I am certainly up for a UK meet - Nottingham or Gaydon? With baby no. 2 arriving middle of May I can't guarantee I will make Germany.:)

Kevin.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i think it would be great to sort something out, but someone needs to take the bull by the horns. some of us are unable to attend the germany trip due to finances or time off work, and consequently it would be nice to have the opportunity to meet people at another uk dedicated alpina meeting.
there was talk last year regarding an alpina meet at gayden, but i dont think anything official was done. if there was an official meet i would go, but otherwise would be wary about leaving my car in a car park full of other bmw's unattended...(we all know how much alpina badges cost!!!)
i am happy to help put something together in the midlands somewhere, provided there is strong support. perhaps, sytners might want to help. i dont know them, but some m5 board members do.

dave
E28 B9 3.5

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Would the likes of Brooklands in Surrey be too far for some, or does the proposed meeting need to be more central?

Or do we look at getting in with another meet (like a small Car Club event) of say the 6 series register within CC (or the sharknosed 6's, they have a good following) therefore keeping it a little more personal but with the added advantage of other BMW's being there at the same time?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Are we any further on this idea?

Would a congregation near Sytners in Leicester be an idea? Central (ish), but I know nothing of the area!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that would be good, nottingham would also be good, a know of a nice pub, just off the M1 wherre we can have a beer and a bite to eat, plus park our cars. There is also a large park and ride en route which may be an option :typing:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sound good, would be nice to meet you all, set the date and venue and i'll be there.

Alpina B10 BiTurbo (443 BHP !!!)

·
Registered
339 Posts
I would definately be interested in an Alpina meeting in the summer.Brooklands would be good for me but am willing to travel some distance.
Would be nice to get a confirmed date for the German gathering,good job I am not holding my breath!!

B10-V8

·
Registered
7 Posts
If the meeting was late summer it would give me some time to fix the B6 3.5 it looks a bit sad a the moment it requires a shell but I have a donner shell already just have to get it sprayed.

B6 3.5 no 98
M3 EVO

1 - 20 of 47 Posts