BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,
Glad to be a member of this board now, my last 4 cars were AMG Benzo's, the sworn enemy! lol But now I'm ready to take a venture into the sportier side of things, selling my E55 to make way for an E60 M5. I wanted to get some suggestions from you guys as I would like to have my mods ready to fly when she arrives! My goals = a little more power & a bad *** sound...

I am thinking-

EXHAUST:
Eisenmann Race Exhaust: The sound has me crazy! I love it! The pricing I have seen for new setup is around $2500. I have heard a few others, but the Eisenmann stands out IMO. Does anyone rec. anything that is comparable on sound and volume?? Please give me a little contrast on them. Anyone have a used setup they would like to sell??

INTAKE:
Suggestions please??

SOFTWARE:
I paid a visit to Active Autowerke in Miami and they do a full reprogramming the does a variety of things such as removing the speed limiter, quickening shifts for the SMG, and some other fuel management settings- it yields a little more power and is adapted custom to your mods. Any one have this done? Any opinions on this??

LOOKS:
I want to keep basically a stock look, however I want to lose the stock rims and put possibly a set of M^ factory wheels just to change it up, the 5 star is a little more sporty than the stocks. I have been through hell in the last year spending thousands replacing and repairing the 20'' rims on my E55, I'm done with the headaches. Thoughts???

I know thats a lot for one post, but I would appreciate any feedback you guys could give. Thanks in advance!

ps- lol anyone looking for a beautiful E55?? take a look :) http://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=176834

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anybody??

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
M5 Miami
Sounds like you have some great things planned for you car. But the likely reason that you're not getting any responses is that everything that you have mentioned is located in other threads. Just do a search and you'll likely find the answers to your questions. Good luck.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Great desicion:15::biggrin:Nice car you have though!When you get your:flag::M5eyes:you will feel like akinggfand have a:happybirt

·
Registered
408 Posts
I would suggest H&R springs or maybe a full Dinan Stage 2 suspension.
I you want more power, you probably want to get some Evosport or Supersprint headers, the latter being almost twice as expensive, so I would go with the Evosports, when they are ready.
Brake upgrade maybe???? AP Racing BBK, or the cheap route is just upgrading the brake lines, brake fluid and brake pads.

Good luck and congrats on the switch, you will never look back!!!!!!:flag:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Danish-M said:
I would suggest H&R springs or maybe a full Dinan Stage 2 suspension.
I you want more power, you probably want to get some Evosport or Supersprint headers, the latter being almost twice as expensive, so I would go with the Evosports, when they are ready.
Brake upgrade maybe???? AP Racing BBK, or the cheap route is just upgrading the brake lines, brake fluid and brake pads.

Good luck and congrats on the switch, you will never look back!!!!!!:flag:
thanks Danish, the evosport headers are a nice addition, but doesn't that void the warranty?? if it can eb done without voiding it will be added to my list

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anglas said:
Guess you are not welcomed any more on MB board ;) . BTW nice Merc. Good luck with new beast and mods :byee55amg
lol my benz isn't gone...yet!

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
If you must wait to sell, that other car.....I'll wait to make a sugestion...

·
Registered
740 Posts
LOL Benz are not sworn enemies... just a different "taste" of amazing German engineering...

As bonehead stated there are so much options and combinations of mods where you can search here just like in MB forum... I'm sure you will find the mods that best suits you... that's where the fun is right?? :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
extassy said:
LOL Benz are not sworn enemies... just a different "taste" of amazing German engineering...

As bonehead stated there are so much options and combinations of mods where you can search here just like in MB forum... I'm sure you will find the mods that best suits you... that's where the fun is right?? :)
its all good! e60 is on order, no need to wait! ready to make moves now!!
ahhh but so many goodies on my amg! love both!!! i'm torn!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
unfoundhorsepower said:
If you must wait to sell, that other car.....I'll wait to make a sugestion...

lol thats cool, but help a brother out!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
i have read alot of stuff on this board, all info is great. i appreciate all the feedback, and some the lack thereof! i have not been this excited about a new car in a long time! im ready for the switch!!

all the vid clips of the exhausts have me f"ing crazy!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
331 Posts
M5 miami said:
Greetings all,
Glad to be a member of this board now, my last 4 cars were AMG Benzo's, the sworn enemy! lol But now I'm ready to take a venture into the sportier side of things, selling my E55 to make way for an E60 M5. I wanted to get some suggestions from you guys as I would like to have my mods ready to fly when she arrives! My goals = a little more power & a bad *** sound...

I am thinking-

EXHAUST:
Eisenmann Race Exhaust: The sound has me crazy! I love it! The pricing I have seen for new setup is around $2500. I have heard a few others, but the Eisenmann stands out IMO. Does anyone rec. anything that is comparable on sound and volume?? Please give me a little contrast on them. Anyone have a used setup they would like to sell??

INTAKE:
Suggestions please??

SOFTWARE:
I paid a visit to Active Autowerke in Miami and they do a full reprogramming the does a variety of things such as removing the speed limiter, quickening shifts for the SMG, and some other fuel management settings- it yields a little more power and is adapted custom to your mods. Any one have this done? Any opinions on this??

LOOKS:
I want to keep basically a stock look, however I want to lose the stock rims and put possibly a set of M^ factory wheels just to change it up, the 5 star is a little more sporty than the stocks. I have been through hell in the last year spending thousands replacing and repairing the 20'' rims on my E55, I'm done with the headaches. Thoughts???

I know thats a lot for one post, but I would appreciate any feedback you guys could give. Thanks in advance!

ps- lol anyone looking for a beautiful E55?? take a look :) http://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=176834

M5 Miami- dont overlook the Dinan 3.91 rear diff. It will pull a lot harder through the gears. Dinan Stage 2 suspension is a must, IMHO!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts