BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Experience or pics with opening the enclosed subwoofer?
It seems/sounds like a cable is in contact with a part of that speaker,
When you play bass, you always hear it simultaneously.

How to get it open save?
XtraM

·
Registered
259 Posts
Those instructions do not look like they are for the M audio option on the M5 - at least it does not look like mine...I thought we had 8 inch woofers.

Anyway I get some vibration also from the shelf and the area with the rear sunshade...I would like a fix too.

-Jeff

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I still have to open up all that ****...had no time..
But as shown on the pics, I think I'm gonna find that nokia box.
Anyway, one of these days a reply from me, and what happened.....and how I fixed it.

If I can, lol

Greetz XtraM

·
Registered
150 Posts
xtraM said:
Well, I still have to open up all that ****...had no time..
But as shown on the pics, I think I'm gonna find that nokia box.
Anyway, one of these days a reply from me, and what happened.....and how I fixed it.

If I can, lol

Greetz XtraM
Many have mistaken subwoofer deterioration for cabinet rattle. If you aren't absolutely sure that it isn't the speaker you might want to have someone else give it a listen. I'm in the a/v business and a guy had me listen to his 540's system - he thought the speakers or something was "loose". After I listened to it (using some of my own music), I told him to go back to the dealer (CPO car). Although it wasn't a warranty item, since he only had the car less than a week they replaced the "shot" sub for him. Sounded fine after tha.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I had a rattle in the same area and fixed it with one of theose felt cabinet buttons. My rattle was from the little plastic cover between the subwoofers. Popped it off, stuck the felt right in the middle and Voila! no more rattle.

·
Registered
150 Posts
kcdoyle said:
I had a rattle in the same area and fixed it with one of theose felt cabinet buttons. My rattle was from the little plastic cover between the subwoofers. Popped it off, stuck the felt right in the middle and Voila! no more rattle.
Good work. It's great when you can find the problem like that. I thought there was a rattling in the 540's subs too. But then I thought it was high volume dependant - speaker excursion. But it wasn't. It was volume and frequency dependant. Still, all these indicators can point to either situation. You really have to have an ear to listen to the "rattle" to be able to diagnose it correctly, and even then you can be fooled one way or the other.

·
Banned
300 Posts
I just installed a fosgate 12inch sub with a 200watt amp for plenty of deep

BASS....but there is too much trunk rattling from the inside panels.....has

anyone been able quiet this down?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts