BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I am in need of some subframe bushings but I want to do an upgrade if possible.

I thought PowerFlex would offer a nice polyurethane upgrade but apparently not!

Anyone else ever go through with an upgraded set of subframe bushings on their beast?

·
Premium Member
13,589 Posts
they are not the same, totally different vehicles and suspensions. why would you think they are the same :dunno:
:applause: I'm well aware they are different vehicles, but its very clear that you've never been under yours.

I just went out and measured them, The only difference is the bushing height (x5 is 26mm taller). The carriers are surprisingly similar, and the bushings mount in EXACTLY the same way. Knowing BMW, they like to interchange parts...its a fair assumption that the parts are interchangable. The front LCAB are.

·
Registered
50 Posts
:applause: I'm well aware they are different vehicles, but its very clear that you've never been under yours.

I just went out and measured them, The only difference is the bushing height (x5 is 26mm taller). The carriers are surprisingly similar, and the bushings mount in EXACTLY the same way. Knowing BMW, they like to interchange parts...its a fair assumption that the parts are interchangable. The front LCAB are.
LOL its very clear ive never been under my car? wow, that was arrogant.

·
Premium Member
13,589 Posts
LOL its very clear ive never been under my car? wow, that was arrogant.

your post count makes it clear that you are a genuine expert. The X5 bushing is indeed 25.4mm taller (IE the same bushing height as the *touring e39* not the m5 saloon) yet you assume they will work - making the "fair assumption" they will interchange... without even consulting with realoem.com get a clue and dont spread misinformation on forums. you are doing a disservice to anyone when you post with "assumputions" --- and we all know what happens when you assume. fail.
Your first post was equally arrogant.

I said IF they are the same...not that they ARE the same. Go back and read it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts