BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who is running aftermarket rear subframe and diff bushings?
I want to buy some. I don’t want solid ones but I want ones that will handle a lot of torque. Anyone know of any good deals?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Not running, but purchased solid subframe, and rear diff bushings, as well as unicorn egg for the front diff.
With the exception of egg, the remaining go on sale once in a while...not by a significant amount though.

·
Registered
91 Posts
My car is running power flex subrame bushing inserts with lemforder subframe bushings on the subframe mounts. For the differential mounting, the car has the front differential mounting bushing from power flex and factory in the rear mounting points. No regrets with these upgrades, it seems that the front differential mounting bushings wear out with time and mileage. The non stock front differential bushings seem easier to install and do not require a press or subframe removal.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ended up grabbing some ecs diff bushings and powerflex subframes ones and I reinforced my subframe all over especially the front diff mount.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Good call reinforcing the subframe- there’s a reason Dinan did that on the S3 (also with a harder bushing).

Always gives me pause when people go dropping in metal replacements for diff bushings and never address the mounts, especially on a 20 year old car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good call reinforcing the subframe- there’s a reason Dinan did that on the S3 (also with a harder bushing).

Always gives me pause when people go dropping in metal replacements for diff bushings and never address the mounts, especially on a 20 year old car.
I went way overboard on the front diff mount reinforcements lol.
It is now the strongest piece of the car

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And guarantee a bashing on my spool gun welds? Not a chance lol. One thing is for sure....there are 4 things that will outlast nuclear war....
1)cockroaches
2) Wall-E
3) twinkies
4) my front diff mount.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts