BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this like the "sport" button on the e46 M3 where it does not give the 500 hp, but increases throttle responce? or does it give you the 500hp?

·
Registered
742 Posts
No, It genuinenly gives you 500hp.
The P400 has very similar power curve to the P500 but after 5000rpm there is a drop in power and it only gives you around 400hp.
The P500 and P500S is more like the M3 power button.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was trying to figure out how to program "sport" mode while still in p400 and apparently after re-reading the manual "sport mode" is only available in conjunction with "power" mode.

So one needs to access it thru the iDrive. I was looking for a way to have the M button on the steering wheel programmed for p400 sport.

No reason for it, was just curious.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I was trying to figure out how to program "sport" mode while still in p400 and apparently after re-reading the manual "sport mode" is only available in conjunction with "power" mode.

So one needs to access it thru the iDrive. I was looking for a way to have the M button on the steering wheel programmed for p400 sport.

No reason for it, was just curious.

Cheers.
Well, you can always get software or use the SprintBooster for better
throttle response in P400. Not something you'd be able to turn off though.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Yia, I am afraid it is only 3 different driving modes, P400, P500 and P500sport.
Personally I have programed the M button for P500sport, firm suspension setting and M diff with 5th quickest gear change.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts