BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my car home. Financing took a bit longer than anticipated. For some reason, can't seem to open the top of the center console. According to the owner's manual, I am just supposed to put my fingers in the front recess and pull upward. When I do that, it won't budge. Is there a lock that I don't know about?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Congrats on the purchase! I'm a new owner as well and one of the modifications on my list is to modify the center console so that it opens the way you want. The euro models pull open but the us versions only slide forward. Look thru the tips and tricks or search under armrest and you will find it. good luck. Jonny
Olyar15 said:
Just got my car home. Financing took a bit longer than anticipated. For some reason, can't seem to open the top of the center console. According to the owner's manual, I am just supposed to put my fingers in the front recess and pull upward. When I do that, it won't budge. Is there a lock that I don't know about?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Olyar15 said:
Sorry you had to hear the bad news about that. I sure it wouldn't have made a difference as to whether you got the M or not. The more you read this board and drive your car more you are going to start to see small things that you would want corrected or you will consider an anoyance but all that you can live with.

Anyway enjoy the car and congrats.

Late

·
Registered
225 Posts
Olyar15 said:
Congrats Olyar on your acquisition......

Just like you, that was one of my first questions .... How to open that darn center console.

I had to email the owner who said, "sorry, it doesnt open up, it just slides back and forth".

I was bummed and thought, what a waste .......

Heres some info on center console mods:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57430

Peace,
GR :7:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, you guys seem to have discussed just about everything on this board, even things (like the center console) that I would have never thought would have been discussed.

Anyways, thanks everyone for the answer. I told myself that I would not mod this car. But maybe I will do just this one little mod...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts