BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a bit of a perfectionist, and am wondering what phone might look best in the 'recharging cradle' on the centre console armrest???

BMW tell me they make attachments for quite a few phones. Just wondered who thinks, what looks best???

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
What trim do you have? Titanium? Wood? What color is your leather?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What trim do you have? Titanium? Wood? What color is your leather?

Hi. I have caramel heritage leather with birdseye maple (dark)...Also, I followed the link from the post above, and yes! That fits perfectly, what is it?

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I saw a pic of a RAZR in the cradle on the center arm rest. I liked the look as iirc, it was flat and flush. Personally a black (of all RAZR colors) would be best.

jmo

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
LOL...It is a bit of a brick insn't it? The E39 doesn't belong to the iPHONE generation though IMO.
That piece of crap belongs nowhere near my car! Nothing worse than a smudgy robot turd in an interior of such a fine sedan. :wroom:

·
4,353 Posts

That piece of crap belongs nowhere near my car! Nothing worse than a smudgy robot turd in an interior of such a fine sedan. :wroom:

mark makes a good point, if you put something like a razr, iphone, or blackberry...it's kinda like a BMW 3.0 CSL with "iDrive" :eek7:...

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I always thought of that brick as an anti-theft or "leave my car alone" type of device.:haha2:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Has anyone fitted a plain armrest with no phone or a cover to hide the phone?
Does anyone know if a stock armrest from a lesser model five would easily fit?
RD

·
Registered
543 Posts
is that a sat phone? the newest version of Sputnik?

Good god, get a modern phone, and 80's clothes. Not the other way round...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
is that a sat phone? the newest version of Sputnik?

Good god, get a modern phone, and 80's clothes. Not the other way round...
"Sat phone"...LOL hahahaha...

In all fairness I have a modern phone for my pocket...I just wanted to try and keep the car original...I'm not up for modernising a 9 year old model, I genuinely don't want to bring it up to date.

...If I'd have wanted a fashion accessory to go with my handbag, I'd have bought an rs4 yuch...Note to moderators, please don't ban me I promise not to swear again (rs#*@!)

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
To me it depends more on the funtionality you are looking for. The E39 could have dealer installed "CPT" phones. IIRC, there were 3 models through its life, I had the CPT-8000, a Motorola Timeport. It had full integration with the car (before Bluetooth) but was a $900 dealer installed option. It wasn't the most "asthetic looking", being a cheap silver in a black craddle in a black leather interior but it was functional. There was a CPT-7000 Motorola Star-tac, and a CPT-6000 (even older than the e39, I think the brick in the picture above). Your only hope to find them is on E-Bay. Good luck finding a service for it. I heard Altel is doing away with their old services.

For a new bluetooth phone in the E39, you need a bluetooth kit. The craddle is optional and only for charging. When I got a bluetooth phone, I decided it was cheaper paying the extra monthly charge for 2 phones than getting the bluetooth adapter in the E39.

The e60 has built in bluetooth that works great. I don't need a craddle and avoid the extra step of having to plug in/unplug the phone every time I enter/exit the car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts