BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having tackled most mechanical issues on my M5, I'm looking to improve the cosmetics now. There're a few dents/scratches on body panels, some I inherited, others I contributed hiha. Now I have no autobody experience, but one of my shortcomings is I can get real ambitious. hiha

So I gathered up various tools and started filling up the garage, but still need a stud welder for pulling dents, etc. It needs to be 110V, 15/20A circuit, is there anything people recommend for home garage use (not too bulky):7:?

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Its a complex dent, I would have used hammer and dolly but there is metal bracing behind the panel so the dolly won't fit. I tried sourcing used panels but those are rare, even from the M5 part king himself. I just got a compressor and hvlp gear so thought might as well go to town and learn something new. :)

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Can't help you with a review, but Eastwood is a pretty well respected company when it comes to DIY auto repair. I know my dad was happy with several things he got from them. They have a comprehensive line of products including stud welders and other dent repair tools and instructions.
Stud Welder - Stud Welding Equipment, Gun - Stud Welders Machine

What body panel are you having trouble finding? I was under the impression that all the major metal parts are standard E39 body panels and the main differences on the M5 were the composite fascia pieces front and back?

Reactions: bimmerule
1 - 5 of 5 Posts