BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got new pads and rotors, have the bracket off, the rotor screws out, but the rotor is stuck to the hub. I've applied pb blaster, but still won't pull off by hand/rubber mallet. I've seen threaded holes in other bmw rotors to pop them off, but there are dowels in these holes. What should I do? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Use the rubber mallet to hit the disc near the edges towards the car (rather than from the back). Keep hitting different places around the disc and it will eventually pop off.

Its stuck because the previous discs were probably put on with some kind of grease which isn't needed. Once its off, clean the hub surface well and the next time it should be much easier.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
You may not be getting enough force with the rubber mallet. If you have a small persuader aka sledgehammer I would use that instead just be careful

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys...got it! two taps with the bfh on the face and it popped right off. Second hand caught it..leaving screw in is a bright idea. Centric premium rotors and Padgid pads going on. See about these rotors...china:/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts