BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do i get this thing out? It gives me a error when trying to get it out, is there a gentle way i can do this without harming anything? I has a 2000

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
My gentle way to get mine unstuck was to hook the tape with a dental pick and yank on it until it popped out. I think it's safe to say if there's a tape stuck in there now the mechanism is probably broken. Once you get the old one out I doubt you'll be listening to your old cassettes of the BeeGee's. Sorry. :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
I got mine out with a pair of long pliers and a screwdriver. But once you do that- the mechanism is definitely broken.

·
Registered
410 Posts
What's a tape deck? :blink:

Reactions: 100%Cocoa

·
Registered
470 Posts
Mine was stuck when I bought it last summer. I've transfered all my old tapes worth keeping on to CD's so really don't care especially with having a 6 CD changer in the trunk. So I just kind of ignore it.

·
Registered
365 Posts
unstick tape from deck

I've had luck with a miniature flathead screwdriver, but not at the base where the pickup contact the tape. Rather along the side of the cassette, about where the gears/drivers are. It felt like I hit some sort of trigger and then the cassette popped right out.

good luck,

ssomed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts