BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Strut tower braces

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  GregT53 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a 1 piece strut tower brace for my E34 M5 & have found the Ultra Racing one sold on EBay from Malaysia & the HM one from the US. Has anyone here tried the UR piece?

Thanks.

#2 ·
I have the Ultra Racing brace. At first mockup, it appeared clearance would be an issue, but once the bolts are tensioned it fit just fine. There's a bit of bend in the bar under tension to clear the throttle linkage. I don't know how much it helps, but it looks cool!

#5 ·
According to Darjac Racing there is one strut brace which does make a difference ... more noticed at places like the Ring ... on the road is, I agree, a moot point at best. This particular strut brace is no longer manufactured (came from the USA) but Darjac Racing would consider a run if they received a block order (they have the measurements, ect)

:cheers:

ralph (vadas1)

#6 ·
According to Darjac Racing there is one strut brace which does make a difference ... more noticed at places like the Ring ... on the road is, I agree, a moot point at best. This particular strut brace is no longer manufactured (came from the USA) but Darjac Racing would consider a run if they received a block order (they have the measurements, ect)

:cheers:

ralph (vadas1)
Would that be the Racing Dynamics strut brace , Ralph ?

How is old Faz , we don't tend to hear much from him nowadays ?

#7 ·
Racing Dynamics is still produced I believe and if not the Cosmos racing one is identical. I'm very interested in the Strong Strut although if I could find an M5 specific Hartge bar I would get that.

Reactions: davidoli
#8 ·
I had a strong strut on my US car, it was a pretty nice piece. Clearance between it and the plenum was very close, if you have weak motor mounts you will get some contact!

Reactions: davidoli
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.