BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a 1 piece strut tower brace for my E34 M5 & have found the Ultra Racing one sold on EBay from Malaysia & the HM one from the US. Has anyone here tried the UR piece?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the Ultra Racing brace. At first mockup, it appeared clearance would be an issue, but once the bolts are tensioned it fit just fine. There's a bit of bend in the bar under tension to clear the throttle linkage. I don't know how much it helps, but it looks cool!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I received mine a couple of days ago but haven't installed it yet. I was also curious about the lower strut brace that they make for our cars.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Do these bolt in strut braces actually provide any benefit to a road car other than cosmetics ?

I'm not convinced.

I think a bottom X brace is more beneficial.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
According to Darjac Racing there is one strut brace which does make a difference ... more noticed at places like the Ring ... on the road is, I agree, a moot point at best. This particular strut brace is no longer manufactured (came from the USA) but Darjac Racing would consider a run if they received a block order (they have the measurements, ect)

:cheers:

ralph (vadas1)

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
According to Darjac Racing there is one strut brace which does make a difference ... more noticed at places like the Ring ... on the road is, I agree, a moot point at best. This particular strut brace is no longer manufactured (came from the USA) but Darjac Racing would consider a run if they received a block order (they have the measurements, ect)

ralph (vadas1)
Would that be the Racing Dynamics strut brace , Ralph ?

How is old Faz , we don't tend to hear much from him nowadays ?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Racing Dynamics is still produced I believe and if not the Cosmos racing one is identical. I'm very interested in the Strong Strut although if I could find an M5 specific Hartge bar I would get that.

Reactions: davidoli

·
10,457 Posts
I had a strong strut on my US car, it was a pretty nice piece. Clearance between it and the plenum was very close, if you have weak motor mounts you will get some contact!

Reactions: davidoli

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Would that be the Racing Dynamics strut brace , Ralph ?

How is old Faz , we don't tend to hear much from him nowadays ?

Hi Dave,

Yes, it is the Racing Dynamics one ... Faz is fine but very busy!

ralph (vadas1)

·
Registered
503 Posts
SpecRaceM5;4746218 I'm very interested in the Strong Strut.[/QUOTE said:
I have Strong Strut on mine and am very happy with it. You do have to pay close attention to how it's mounted otherwise you will get contact between the brace and air intake plenum. The black finish looks OE, and they make a chrome one at higher cost.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts