BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been thinking about getting a strut brace, one because i want to track day the car (eventually after the gearbox conv to 6 speed or replacing 5 speed) and two, because i drive some seriously bumpy contry roads, warped by tree roots, and i don't want my chassis flexing too much!!

Anyone got any recomendations?

Also are these crap:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4561828464&fromMakeTrack=true

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
illjah said:
Been thinking about getting a strut brace, one because i want to track day the car (eventually after the gearbox conv to 6 speed or replacing 5 speed) and two, because i drive some seriously bumpy contry roads, warped by tree roots, and i don't want my chassis flexing too much!!

Also are these crap:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4561828464&fromMakeTrack=true

Cheers!
----------------------
they look a bit flimsy.

I got mine from www.schmiedmann.dk

You may have to call them if you are interested as I could not find them again on the website. It works great by the way.

·
Registered
970 Posts
I fitted this one to my beast. Good results in terms of handling. Good quality product, very solid, easy to fit. Its made in Germany specifically for the M5 as well. good clearance over the intake plenum,

Recommended

illjah said:

Also are these crap:

Cheers!

·
Registered
400 Posts
yewcorner said:
I fitted this one to my beast. Good results in terms of handling. Good quality product, very solid, easy to fit. Its made in Germany specifically for the M5 as well. good clearance over the intake plenum,

Recommended
Sorry which one the ebay one or the Swidish one?

BobZ

·
Registered
970 Posts
Hi Illjah

You may well be right, but I can't see any movement? Not sure there is any once the lock nuts are tightened up. I'd also think you would struggle to fit a single piece bar ........... given that my car is now 14 years old and the stock distance between the towers may have changed>

In any event the other bars I looked at wouldn't clear the intake plenum and I know there are a number of threads on this board, where people have put up with this problem and accepted they will wear holes in the plenum. Thats not for me. For the £50 I paid, my car now has sharper turn in and feels much better for the addition.

The choice is yours?

illjah said:
I wasn't too keen on the fact that it isn't a single piece, it appears to be bolted together - surely this can not be as strong as a single piece one?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts