BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought you guys could help me out on this1.Passed by a m6 (latest edition) this weekend,noticed that it had Toyo tyres at the rear (unidirectional "v" shaped tread pattern), and conti sport contact3's (assymetrical) up front.Thats 2 different brands with 2 different tread patterns,i was thinking that this combo on a high performance vehicle could be disaster at high speed.Am i missing something here or is there some benefit to such a setup?thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Don't really now but I have got PS2's on the rear and PZERO's on the front no real problems except the PZERO's are very soft and weak.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
It's always best to keep the same brand and model on each corner. It can make a lot of difference, especially in emergency situations when you need them the most.

·
Registered
944 Posts
i run pilot sport 2 235 /40 /18 up front and pilot sport 1 275 /35 /18 on the rear,just because i got them cheap really,as long as the tyre is y rated its good for an m6 bmw.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have standard wheels, i am running Pirelli pzero's on the front and Goodyear Eagle F1's on the rears and i think it is quite a good combo because the Pzero's are a soft tyre they grip well up front and the F1's have a harder compound where the rear wheels are working harder so withstand the heat better!

·
Registered
944 Posts
hey good idea,i may go for that setup myself next time,i hear that the toyo proxy are similar in the way of soft compound ideal for up front also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts