BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought you guys could help me out on this1.Passed by a m6 (latest edition) this weekend,noticed that it had Toyo tyres at the rear (unidirectional "v" shaped tread pattern), and conti sport contact3's (assymetrical) up front.Thats 2 different brands with 2 different tread patterns,i was thinking that this combo on a high performance vehicle could be disaster at high speed.Am i missing something here or is there some benefit to such a setup?thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Don't really now but I have got PS2's on the rear and PZERO's on the front no real problems except the PZERO's are very soft and weak.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
It's always best to keep the same brand and model on each corner. It can make a lot of difference, especially in emergency situations when you need them the most.

·
Registered
944 Posts
i run pilot sport 2 235 /40 /18 up front and pilot sport 1 275 /35 /18 on the rear,just because i got them cheap really,as long as the tyre is y rated its good for an m6 bmw.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have standard wheels, i am running Pirelli pzero's on the front and Goodyear Eagle F1's on the rears and i think it is quite a good combo because the Pzero's are a soft tyre they grip well up front and the F1's have a harder compound where the rear wheels are working harder so withstand the heat better!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.