BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Yea I can see the mileage error I would not bother the car and fine another one....

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Also appear to be early seats? Weird...

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright whos car is this? Fess up!
I cant believe this dealer has his head up his *****.

I "ran" the vin in real oem and it says nov-11 build date. So it appears that it was a retro fit.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm thinking MY02 but... I agree, whats up with the mileage, the 99-00 radio, ricer spoiler, and e46 wheels?

If it were a 99-00 you would see a round plug in/port for a Peake tool just behind the passenger side air box. I believe that was moved to under the dash in 01. Am I correct?

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm thinking MY02 but... I agree, whats up with the mileage, the 99-00 radio, ricer spoiler, and e46 wheels?

If it were a 99-00 you would see a round plug in/port for a Peake tool just behind the passenger side air box. I believe that was moved to under the dash in 01. Am I correct?

Those wheels are Beyren (TSW). I have them on my 02.
Im thinking its an 02. Perhaps the original radio broke the owner replaced it w/ an older unit to cut costs.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I would say this is a theft recovery:deal:, carfax shows a possible odometer rollback (think it was replaced) and the navi unit was also replaced with the old MKII.

Okay so the milage is something around 100k:dunno:, and you need a MKIV and that's it.
Something around 9-10k USD would be okay for this car, I guess there is also no service history available for this one:blink:

Typschlüssel: DE93
Katalysator: mit
Sichtschutz: nein
Lenkung: links
Getriebe: manuell
Baureihe: E39S
Ausführung: USA
Bezeichnung: M5
Motor: S62
Karosserie: Limousine
Produktionjahr: 11/2001
Werk: Dingolfing

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
I would say this is a theft recovery:deal:, carfax shows a possible odometer rollback (think it was replaced) and the navi unit was also replaced with the old MKII.
Not entirely accurate. The MKII is the navigation computer in the trunk. The head unit is the 4:3 screen. The MKII and MKIII will work with the 4:3 screen (I haven't tested the MKIV). MKIV navigation computers only came on MY03 models.

But hey, it's been so long that assuming that anything is stock is a bit far fetched.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
this car smells. whats worse is the dealers non disclosure.
He doesn't have a stellar feedback rating. 96% on 4400 transactions is pretty sketchy.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
and he's asking nearly $20k! This car is not worth anymore than 10k IMO. Why am i getting bothered about this?

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
the fit of the unit in this pic is off also:
Although Im as suspicious as the next guy this isnt something that raises my eyebrow because I know how those doors can crap out. I have one that I just cant get it fixed. It wont stay closed.

I wouldnt be surprised if that was the same here.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Although Im as suspicious as the next guy this isnt something that raises my eyebrow because I know how those doors can crap out. I have one that I just cant get it fixed. It wont stay closed.

I wouldnt be surprised if that was the same here.
Don't even get me started about this. Mine started battling me and opening at will a few months ago... Its SO FRUSTRATING.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Don't even get me started about this. Mine started battling me and opening at will a few months ago... Its SO FRUSTRATING.
Yep Ive put a new one in, Ive tried to put something under the fasteners to raise up the level of it Ive tried everything I can think of.

No dice.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I dunno, that steering wheel looks correct to me.
My guess is someone pulled the widescreen nav and Mark III computer and sold them on fleaBay for some extra spending cash, and stuck in a 4:3 screen and mark II he got for cheap, then pedalled the car.
Other than that, don't see any other issues with it from the pics.
Well, other than the price and the ricer spoiler...
And the fact that you really have to wonder what sort of maintenance HASN'T been done to the car if they went to all the trouble to stick in an old nav system.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Yep Ive put a new one in, Ive tried to put something under the fasteners to raise up the level of it Ive tried everything I can think of.

No dice.
Just about every time I open the trunk that door around the nav is down. I've tried several non-invasive fixes, but I think it is time to get serious. When it warms up, I'm going to see what it will take to mount a quarter turn Dutz fastener or two.

·
Registered
595 Posts
just don't like the wheels!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts