BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"New problems with production of M5 and M5. A large amount of oilpumps have to be reworked when a productionerror have been discovered. This will lead to a delay. The factory expects that the delay will not be more than a month."

To BMW credit they are open to the customers affected by this delay what I have seen so far.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Gustav

Thank you. Does this mean BMW have already notified impacted customers ? So those not notified yet will not be impacted. Bit anxious as my car is expected for delivery at my UK dealer in 4 weeks time ? :sad1:

360bhp

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For Sweden I suppose yes. Ask your dealer is my advice.

360bhp said:
Gustav

Thank you. Does this mean BMW have already notified impacted customers ? So those not notified yet will not be impacted. Bit anxious as my car is expected for delivery at my UK dealer in 4 weeks time ? :sad1:

360bhp

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Am I right in assuming BMW uses the "just in time" policy in it's factories? It's ok in theory but if one thing goes out slightly you have this problem, the production line is jammed.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
My car is amongst those affected. Was originally slated for week 22 production & week 24 delivery but my dealer said add 4-6 weeks :(

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Heard from the dealer today, he is to recieve a car in Sepang Bronze (as my dad very much would like to see) this week, but it got delayed one month... :mad:

Maybe the owner will cancel his order and then we can buy the car :hihi:

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Andy-UK said:
Am I right in assuming BMW uses the "just in time" policy in it's factories? It's ok in theory but if one thing goes out slightly you have this problem, the production line is jammed.
Everyone is going to JIT, but I don't see how a large inventory of faulty oilpumps would help the problem; it would only exacerbate it.

Tom

·
Registered
69 Posts
They should build our car in week 30 and it's not delayed said the dealer today, hope that he's right

·
Registered
457 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
My car is amongst those affected. Was originally slated for week 22 production & week 24 delivery but my dealer said add 4-6 weeks :(
I recommend that you try to put your car on the (already very long) priority list! The outside supplier is delivering correct working oil pumps but only in very few numbers. My M6 is slated for week 26/27 delivery now. :mad:

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
bernhtp said:
Everyone is going to JIT, but I don't see how a large inventory of faulty oilpumps would help the problem; it would only exacerbate it.

Tom
You could always sell the dodgy ones off to some one else. :haha:

Every cloud has a silver lining.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
My M5 has just moved to 1200 status, to start building next week. This is actually about one week earlier than originally scheduled six months ago. So, at least at this point, the delays seem to have had no effect :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
12 Posts
My car has status 155 (produced) and can't be delivered, so I have to go on holiday (2nd of July) with a BMW company X3. How many of you are in the same mess ? Any news here ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello ! This is my first post.

We are in the same situation. Our car was ordered in november last year and built end of may (status 155). The car can't be delivered due to the oilpump situation. Our dealer says he has no further information nor BMW Belux....They have no idea what is going on (they say or when the car will finally be delivered.grrrrrrr

Did they start building cars again ?

Kind regards,

mF

p.s. congratulations with this very nice & interesting board !!!

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Welcome mF :byee55amg

Which dealer are you getting your car from? Mine is from Van Den Broeck BMW in Dilbeek (near Brussels). If your dealer has no information I can give you the contact details for my very helpful salesman.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
Welcome mF :byee55amg

Which dealer are you getting your car from? Mine is from Van Den Broeck BMW in Dilbeek (near Brussels). If your dealer has no information I can give you the contact details for my very helpful salesman.
Our car will be delivered through G&A Motors, Turnhout. I think they are doing their best but aren't getting info from BMW. They told us there is a letter from BMW explaining the situation but we didn't receive anyting, I saw an e-mail from them to BMW Belux asking for info. No reply untill now.
So I suppose we have to wait and be patient. But that's something I don't like very much :crying2: .

Ashok, do you think your dealer has more info ?

mF

·
Registered
249 Posts
Was wondering if there would be delays in production to Canada?? No more September production??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Received info ; BMW has started today (!!) with the replacement of the pumps. 1.200 cars (M5 / M6) are involved !!!! They will issue a list of the cars involved with a new delivery date this week.
I guess we have to wait and see....
:grrrrr: :grrrrr: :grrrrr:

Regards,

mF

·
Registered
55 Posts
I heard to day from my dealer my car was on production in week 24 and finished but BMW will not ship it because problems with oilpump and... gearbox. They will replace the parts that have this problem and after that they will ship it... they expected it to happen shortly but I would not be surprised if it takes four week or so...

By the way.. I wasn't informed, I was only calling to know when I could pick up my new monster....

1 - 20 of 38 Posts