BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 50 Posts

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well a couple of years ago I thought about buying an M5 as a new toy. Since my garage was full and my truck was being used regularly since we just bought a house I just decided not to buy anything. I always look and research cars when I'm bored and decided on an M3. I was planning on buying one in a few years when I decided to sell my truck. However I found this site and realized I really wanted an M5

Since gas prices are going up again, the value of my truck will fall just like SUV's and trucks did back in 08 and 09. I decided it was time to sell it now while the value is still worth something. She has been an excellent truck since I bought her new and have always taken really good care of her.

I then had a renewed interest in the M5 when I noticed how affordable they had become. I found a black one in Texas. Since I love black cars and have owned 6 others I wanted a black one. I need to give major props to Mike S on the board for volunteering to look at the car for me. However when I called on it, it had no records and 111xxx miles. Still Mike S thank you!

I then looked locally in Colorado Springs on Craigslist just for the heck of it. I found a small one line add for an 03 M5 but it was blue. I still decided to email the guy and we eventually set up a time for me to see the car. We met near a coffee shop and I saw the car for the first time. It was beautiful and stuck out like a really hot chick standing next to ugly girls! I was in love at first site, and forgot everything about buying a black one. I drove around the car and noticed the DINAN on the back! Even better!!!

Well I ended up buying the car three days ago and have already removed the goofy looking mud flaps which were only in the front, had the windows tinted, and polished the entire car by hand. Here are the specs, 2003 M5 Lemans blue, 101xxx miles, fully serviced with maintenance records, black leather with aluminum trim, short throw shifter, pixels just fixed, Dinan exhaust, Dinan S1 suspension, Dinan tune. I love this car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
filter over the lenses? I have no idea. But more pics of the car and one of my truck sad to see it go.

Attachments

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Blown, nice car and welcome! Looks like you're right below Norad(I grew up in CS) I'll be trying to organize a Colorado get together for early summer if you are interested.
Yep I live right below Norad, you can see the entrance parking lot from my house. I would be very interested in a get together. Everyone, sorry for the pictures. It's a new camera I just thought it was because of the sun. I'll take some new ones and report. Funny I got more comments about the pics and not the car...tough crowd:biggrinbounce:

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
I've only had it a couple days so the paint and tint was first. I'm anal with my vehicles, I detail and work on them all the time. I rolled around cali for 3 years without any plates on my truck since it looked brand new I never got pulled over. (I had the plates just didn't put them on). Thinking about an ss x-pipe for it and cold air intakes, got to do some research.

The themostat is wide open so I got a new one on order. It showed a bank 1 MAF code but it hasn't come back since I reset it 2 days ago.

Maybe someone will know this, the powersteering hoses are seeping and I can spin them. Are the fittings supposed to move / spin at all? I' m talking about the two metal fittings that are right next to each other. Any ideas?

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
Not really. The best roads are dirt and jeep trails. I have a lifted jeep for thoughs. The only close road is Hwy 24 which goes from the springs to divide. Its really twisty but full of State Troopers. Even with my badge they don't really cut breaks. My favorite road is in Cali It went from Skyway to Big Basin to Hwy 1 to santa cruz. Approx 40-60 miles of twisties.

Thanks for the complient, I hand waxed it

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
congratz on the pick up :applause:Im from Denver but stationed at Carson.... well im in Afghanistan now but we should meet up when I get home in June..... i think that is the same one I saw for sale in 2009 and I was trying to buy it but couldnt because I was in Iraq at the time.
Not sure if it is he bought it from his neighbor unlisted in 09. He only sold it now cuz he is buying the F10 M5. He was a relly nice guy. Anyway hit me up when you get back there isnt too many M5's in the springs and I would lov to see your car. I did see a dark green one today but I have no idea who owns it.

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
A snap on tool was used to pull codes if that is what u mean by Ktemp. If not I have no idea what ktemp means. The car takes a very very long time to warm up. I believe it is stuck wide open. When she does warm its normal.

1 - 13 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.