BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well a couple of years ago I thought about buying an M5 as a new toy. Since my garage was full and my truck was being used regularly since we just bought a house I just decided not to buy anything. I always look and research cars when I'm bored and decided on an M3. I was planning on buying one in a few years when I decided to sell my truck. However I found this site and realized I really wanted an M5

Since gas prices are going up again, the value of my truck will fall just like SUV's and trucks did back in 08 and 09. I decided it was time to sell it now while the value is still worth something. She has been an excellent truck since I bought her new and have always taken really good care of her.

I then had a renewed interest in the M5 when I noticed how affordable they had become. I found a black one in Texas. Since I love black cars and have owned 6 others I wanted a black one. I need to give major props to Mike S on the board for volunteering to look at the car for me. However when I called on it, it had no records and 111xxx miles. Still Mike S thank you!

I then looked locally in Colorado Springs on Craigslist just for the heck of it. I found a small one line add for an 03 M5 but it was blue. I still decided to email the guy and we eventually set up a time for me to see the car. We met near a coffee shop and I saw the car for the first time. It was beautiful and stuck out like a really hot chick standing next to ugly girls! I was in love at first site, and forgot everything about buying a black one. I drove around the car and noticed the DINAN on the back! Even better!!!

Well I ended up buying the car three days ago and have already removed the goofy looking mud flaps which were only in the front, had the windows tinted, and polished the entire car by hand. Here are the specs, 2003 M5 Lemans blue, 101xxx miles, fully serviced with maintenance records, black leather with aluminum trim, short throw shifter, pixels just fixed, Dinan exhaust, Dinan S1 suspension, Dinan tune. I love this car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Congratulations on this very nice looking beast!!!!!!

Mike S. is a really good guy!
Looking forward to meet up soon with him again!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
filter over the lenses? I have no idea. But more pics of the car and one of my truck sad to see it go.

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
congrats man--very nice! however, i 2nd the notion that something is wrong with your camera, the settings are off, or there is a filter over the lens. this pictures hurt my eyes to look at.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Blown, nice car and welcome! Looks like you're right below Norad(I grew up in CS) I'll be trying to organize a Colorado get together for early summer if you are interested.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Congratulations; looks in great condition. I wish you many thousands of happy M5 miles.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Lovely car but check the White balance on your digital camera! Congrats, what's in the bag??

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
When people ask about filters and white balance, do you not see how blue all your photos look? Either there is a coloured filter on the lens, there colour profile is massively skewed or the camera is broken?

·
Registered
958 Posts
I have seen people forget to remove the little plastic protective cover - this happened to me on my BB camera lens. The pictures come out looking a lot like the ones here.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Check the camera settings. Seems to be set to flash and over correcting natural light. Try the auto white balance. My .02

·
Registered
803 Posts
Oh my thats one sexy beast. Grats on the purchase. You will love her more and more each day. It just gets better and better :D

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Congrats on the Beast !!! and welcome to the board.... now lets get your camera working so we can see the great color on that Beast !!!!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Blown, nice car and welcome! Looks like you're right below Norad(I grew up in CS) I'll be trying to organize a Colorado get together for early summer if you are interested.
Yep I live right below Norad, you can see the entrance parking lot from my house. I would be very interested in a get together. Everyone, sorry for the pictures. It's a new camera I just thought it was because of the sun. I'll take some new ones and report. Funny I got more comments about the pics and not the car...tough crowd:biggrinbounce:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts