BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered a set of Stoptech SS brake lines for my beast. Looking to have a firmer brake pedal. Looks to me like a pretty straight forward process for replacing them. Looking for any tips/ feedback from those who have done it. Thanks

·
Registered
422 Posts
This is my next move, where did you purchase them?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Thank you.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I have them on my car it was a straight forward install. Perfect time to upgrade your brake fluid from the stock BMW fluid

Champion also makes lines for our cars now too.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I did SS lines on a previous car and it made absolutely zero difference in brake pedal feel.
Depends on the car. You notice the biggest difference with stainless steel lines under heavy braking especially threshold braking.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
upgraded to stainless lines on my 2 previous cars and also on the m5 that I have now. Cant feel anything even under heavy braking on any of the cars after going to stainless lines. Its most likely all in your head thinking it feels better.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
upgraded to stainless lines on my 2 previous cars and also on the m5 that I have now. Cant feel anything even under heavy braking on any of the cars after going to stainless lines. Its most likely all in your head thinking it feels better.
Everyone perceives changes differently. My techs who work with me are involved with our SCCA racing team and they installed them for me and noticed the difference also. If they didn't make a difference why would it be included in all the big brake kits? Do some threshold braking (not the same thing as panic braking) and you'll notice a difference with good quality lines and high performance brake fluid.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Everyone perceives changes differently. My techs who work with me are involved with our SCCA racing team and they installed them for me and noticed the difference also. If they didn't make a difference why would it be included in all the big brake kits? Do some threshold braking (not the same thing as panic braking) and you'll see a difference with good quality lines and high performance brake fluid.

cool story...:hihi:

I am sure formula 1 cars uses them as well and that's why I keep buying them. Makes me feel like I am Lewis Hamilton on the street :checkeredflag::goldcup:

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
cool story...:hihi:

I am sure formula 1 cars uses them as well and that's why I keep buying them. Makes me feel like I am Lewis Hamilton on the street :checkeredflag::goldcup:
Lol no wonder why you got banned :p

Reactions: bsze
1 - 11 of 11 Posts