BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a brand new StopTech 4-wheel big brake kit with SILVER calipers and DRILLED rotors for sale. This was a custom order, cancelled at the last minute. Silver normally requires a 30 day lead time. StopTech has authorized me to offer this one kit at a sale price. The list price is $5195 ($4995 + $200 for drilled rotor upgrade). I'm offering it for $4445. First one to call me gets it.

The kit is brand new in the box and has never been opened. It is available to ship today.

This is the 83-135-4747 kit with 14" rotors front and back. Keep in mind that you need aftermarket wheels to clear the rear brakes. They will not fit under stock M5 rear wheels. See: http://www.zeckhausen.com/BMW/E39_M5.htm for a more complete product description and photos of compatible wheels.

Will these brakes fit under your wheels? Download the templates below and find out:

Front template

Rear template

Instructions for using templates

How tough is this kit to install? Can you do it yourself? Download the detailed installation instructions below:

Front installation instructions

Rear installation instructions

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gustav said:
Any pics how it looks like?
I'm now kicking myself for not taking photos of Alex B's 4-wheel silver kit on his M5. But you can get an idea of what it might look like on a silver car from the photo of a Z8 below:

Of course, the rotors will be drilled instead of slotted.

Here's a 1994 Mercedes 500E:

·
Registered
992 Posts
Left you a v-mail this morning.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Still available. I am going to go with a setup that will work with the stock wheels.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SCORPIO said:
Still available. I am going to go with a setup that will work with the stock wheels.
Scorpio is waiting for the 2-piston rear StopTech kit that fits under the factory M5 wheels. That kit will be available for shipping on July 25. See: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=564182&postcount=27 for photos. I have four on order for inventory and am just about to order a couple more, since two of those inventory sets are already spoken for.

In the meantime, the silver 4-wheel kit is still available at the discounted price. If you have aftermarket wheels (e.g., Dinan 18"), this is a great opportunity.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DZeckhausen said:
Scorpio is waiting for the 2-piston rear StopTech kit that fits under the factory M5 wheels. That kit will be available for shipping on July 25. See: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=564182&postcount=27 for photos. I have four on order for inventory and am just about to order a couple more, since two of those inventory sets are already spoken for.

In the meantime, the silver 4-wheel kit is still available at the discounted price. If you have aftermarket wheels (e.g., Dinan 18"), this is a great opportunity.
The 2-piston rear kits will be delayed by another few days. :(

The 4-wheel silver kit is still available.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts