BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone share with me if the Stop Tech St40 rear brake kit with 355mm rotors will work with our BMW e39 m5 OEM style 65 wheels 18x9.5? I know someone must have done this upgrade that would be able to chime in. Thanks. By the way I tried the template from Stoptech but there is not a dotted cutline on one side of the template which could make the difference.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
I don't have this kind of upgrade at the rear, but the rotor should clear the wheel. You may have to trim the rear rotor shield so the caliper can fit/mount correctly. What kind of kit do you plan on using up front? I ask because this may affect your braking bias under hard driving if you have the same size rotors all around. Maybe you're going just for the all-around BBK look? The concern I would have is if the caliper would clear the suspension rear control arms or shocks..:dunno:

·
Registered
489 Posts
I had the ST40 kit all round sometime back, you'll need spaces to clear the rear calipers, though cannot remember what size. I believe the ST22 fit without the need for spacers.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Reactions: SteveTaylor

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have ST-60 front, which does fit under the style 65 wheels without issues (it had to be ordered like that, as my mate's does not fit)
as gzig said you can put ST-22 under the original wheel if you want to or need to play around for the ST-40 (spacer / wheel)

As the rear brake is only for show, if you want to keep the original wheels might be easier to just stick with the ST-22

1 - 6 of 6 Posts