BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, has anyone had a Stoneguard kit installed on their car? Any feedback or suggestions? Full kit or partial?

I was quoted $699 installed for a full kit.

Thanks,

-Bob

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have the full StoneGuard kit on my car. I've had it for about 2 months now, and I'm quite happy with the results. Unless you get pretty close to the car and look carefully, you don't notice it at all. I also have the StoneGuard Light, which is a thicker foil that covers the lights. I think this extra protection will go a long way to keep the car looking good for a long time.

I don't remember the exact price, but I paid around $900 for the full kit and the light covers including installation. My advise is not to try installing it yourself, unless you really know what you're doing, since it seems pretty hard to get it right. And it looks ugly, if it isn't done right. Be careful in chosing the place that installs it. The experience with my installer was mixed. He didn't do a very good job initially, but went out of his way to fix it up. After I complained, he re-did the doors, and did some extra trimming in some areas.

Marc

·
Registered
112 Posts
Bob and Mark,

Since you are both in the bay area, could you give some references to us where we could get stoneguard installed on our M5's?

TIA! I heard the foglight on E36 M3 break easily, so stoneguard light makes a lot of sense.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
We got the X-pel kit installed on our M5. They throw in free headlight and foglight covers as well, and the whole process covers the headlights, foglights, side mirrors, front bumper, hood (to just north of the BMW roundel) and front 3/4 panels (to same level of hood) including installation came to $450. X-pel will recommend installers in your local area. I would highly recommend these kits (X-pel or Stongard) to protect the paint job.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stoneguard recommended Rik Walters @ Detailwerks 408-378-6600. I spoke with him yesterday and seemed to be pretty competent. He wants the car overnight to insure that there aren't any water bubbles left under the film. He told he has done a bunch of M5's already.

I haven't decided what I'm goin got do just yet. My M5 is sitting in Ohio until my leasing company can get it transported......

-Bob

QUOTE]Originally posted by kuzibimun:
Bob and Mark,

Since you are both in the bay area, could you give some references to us where we could get stoneguard installed on our M5's?

TIA! I heard the foglight on E36 M3 break easily, so stoneguard light makes a lot of sense.
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
There are no competent installers in south Florida.

------------------
Jim
00 M5 Titanium over Red

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
He wants the car overnight to insure that there aren't any water bubbles left under the film.

Leave the car but not the key.........

------------------
Jim
00 M5 Titanium over Red

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
$900? I hate to think how much they're making on the job, but I'll probably line up and bend over anyway.

At this rate he's going to have M5s lined up for the rest of the year.

And you thought the real money was to be made in RBAK...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts