BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry, i know this is the wrong place to post this. but my brand new 2008 x5 just got stolen, and i would like to know if there is a way to track down the car. some sort of navigation or something??? it happened about 3 hours ago!!

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
sorry, i know this is the wrong place to post this. but my brand new 2008 x5 just got stolen, and i would like to know if there is a way to track down the car. some sort of navigation or something??? it happened about 3 hours ago!!

Did it have BMW Assist? Call BMW Assist in your region and inform them. I have no idea if they have any track capabilities.

BMWs can't really be hotwired these days, very likely towed.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Assist can track. If it has it.

Lebanon is very pretty.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the mother was driving it, a stolen cab hit the x5 from behind, mom came down to check out what happened when the guy pushed her hard to the ground and got in the car. she got back up to stop him while he was fighting with the gear not knowing how to get it to move, and then he hit my mom and took off.

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
the mother was driving it, a stolen cab hit the x5 from behind, mom came down to check out what happened when the guy pushed her hard to the ground and got in the car. she got back up to stop him while he was fighting with the gear not knowing how to get it to move, and then he hit my mom and took off.

Wow. I am glad that your mom is not hurt more seriously!!! Wow.

I hope you catch the coward bastards in addition to getting your X5 back.

Did you call BMW Assist?

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
wow thats really fu*ked up man

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Now after reading what happened to blackhse's mom I feel like a dumbass for thinking anything in the thread was funny.

Sorry to hear about your mom, blackhse. I hope they catch the mo-fos.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, after using all sorts of connections, the car is found stuck in snow. the reason it was there is because all main roads were covered with checkpoints to secure the thief wont get anywhere. he took another long route that would lead him to the same place he was initially heading to. but fortunately, it's a long and highly elevated place covered with snow. the x5 ran out of gas and got stuck in 3 meters of snow. 4000$ in cash, 3 cell phones, and 3 keys including the x5 key itself, another bmw key and a mercedes sl key were taken. the thief must have been planning to come back for it, but fortunately the police got to it 1st. rear windshield is broken, the back is damaged a bit from the initial hit. i just wonder what happened to the gear now. im still waiting for the car to get back.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Lebanon, wow, yup satalite tracking world over....no Lojack there...good luck, you are screwed if they broke off your antenna though, thats the tracking antenna also.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts