BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
My condolences , just makes me want to them fingers of whoever stole itgrrrrrrr. A true individual , amazing vehicle , and especially cause its E61 , not E60 :) Hope it turns up , and hopefully unharmed. Good luck , my eyes in the eastern - european roads are open. :byebye:

·
Registered
47 Posts
My condolences , just makes me want to them fingers of whoever stole itgrrrrrrr. A true individual , amazing vehicle , and especially cause its E61 , not E60 :) Hope it turns up , and hopefully unharmed. Good luck , my eyes in the eastern - european roads are open. :byebye:
I assume you meant to have their fingers cut off. I would say I want their hands chopped off! Someone broke into my appt years ago and I bet they would have thought twice about doing it again if such law was implemented :mad:

OP, Sorry about your loss. Let's hope someone around the forum spots it and notifies law enforcement.

·
Registered
251 Posts
This is truly awful, I feel sorry for you.... But, looking at the bright side, quickly collect the insurance cash, and go get yourself a temporary car for about 6 months until the new M5 comes out!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Beautiful beast:crying: I'm really sorry to hear about your thisgrrrrrrr

I'll keep my eyes open:eek:h: you should also post your VIN, maybe someone comes across this M5.

·
Registered
212 Posts
My condolences, its a very unique car. Since it's an individual, it MAY be easier to find.

Was the car stolen with the key? Or possibly towed?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, it was stolen with the key (they have broken in into my house while my wife and 3 kids were asleep) They were only after the spare key, nothing else was stolen.

There are about 1.000 M5 tourings made and I think this is quite a unique one. The individual color and interior are one of a kind.

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
The combination is unique so that wouöd make it nonsellable. Be on the lookout for parts :(

Scary that they broke into your house!

·
Registered
251 Posts

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
do they have the vehicle recovery system in Europe? I believe here in the US they do, where they can determine your cars location granted that you reported it stolen and have a police case report number to verify. If so, hopefully the thieves didn't disable the tracking system.

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Crashed AGAIN, poor car :( Maybe they needed the Dutch car for parts (since it i unique Individual) and use hte white M5 Touring "clean" VIN number.

My old car, the one I wrecked on the autobahn (http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e6...rash-no-more-alpine-white-e61-m5-touring.html) has been fixed and has been destroyed again (Eladó használt BMW M5 Touring)... I wonder if this may be related to yours getting stolen.... they stole it most probably for the parts..... I bet the car has been taken quite far from the Netherlands the same night... Remember there are no borders until Hungary to stop them.....

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
This may offend a few people, but as far as I'm concerned the iron curtain should be reinstated. Or borders closed at the very very least.

If A90's car would be used to fix that white wreck it would be the biggest shame yet. A90's car is spotless, the only damage it has ever had is a 2" paint scratch on the front wing. Different world from Balazs' ex that's had airtime, struggled with the landing, and had suspension bits torn off....

·
Registered
251 Posts
Exactly what I am thinking.... could be worth the little investigation.... the white one wasn't Individual though, but as you can see from photos of the new crash, many parts in the front need replacement... Plus, I do know that when it was fixed after my crash, they used non-touring suspension and exhaust parts.... So yes, they might very well need the stolen car just for its parts.... It is such a unique car they can't sell it anyway.....

Crashed AGAIN, poor car :( Maybe they needed the Dutch car for parts (since it i unique Individual) and use hte white M5 Touring "clean" VIN number.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Dear all,

It is now the 6th day since my car was stolen. There still is a possibility that the car will be driven in the upcoming days after a few days 'rest' for further transport or so.

If you see or hear anything please contact

Advies Bureau Schade
+31 (0)26 319 03 60
[email protected]
http://www.adviesbureauschade.nl/

They are helping to find the car and (if possible) return it to me

Thanks,

Michael

·
Registered
160 Posts
A crime was committed in the Netherlands? Assuming my crappy US Geography education serves me correct.

I thought that area was paradise? (being serious)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Godver! Waarom kunnen ze niet van andermans spullen afblijven?! Doodzonde dat ze zo'n unieke M5 weg halen bij een liefhebber. Ik vind dat je het de laatste tijd iets te vaak hoort. Sterkte ermee! Mocht ik ergens iets vernemen, dan hoor je het uiteraard als eerst.

English: Damn! Why can't they stay away from other people's property?! To bad they took such a unique M5 from a fellow enthusiast. I hear it a bit too often lately. Good luck with it! If I hear something somewhere, you are the first to know.

Reactions: Gustav
1 - 20 of 29 Posts