BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stolen M5

Recieved the dredded phone call today, house been broken into and M5 gone (3 weeks old) They used a Porsche 911 Silver grey (Reg No either 33-PP-VL or 38-PP-VL) is was right hand drive and the person who saw the plates say the plates looked foreign, could be Southern Irish?

The use the 911 to break through the electric gates (nice to know M5 better resepected than 911) they broke into the house after kicking the door in (window smashed but held out) ransacked the house looking for the keys.. (found my hiding place!!!!) and drove of with the car... Tracker now activated..

Still hopeing to make the October meet if Tracker comes up with the goods..

If they find the car I hope they find it burnt out with the little F*cker and his mate still at the wheeel.....

Couple who saw them drive off say they all had hoodies on... How original

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Re: Stolen M5

Oh man... That sucks....

I hope you'll be able to find your car..

·
Registered
13,638 Posts

That's terrible.

Could you please post some more info about the vehicle - e.g. license plate, VIN number etc. so that we can keep an eye out for it.

Please keep us posted with updates. Our thoughts are with you....

:(

·
Registered
49,476 Posts

Wow, that is unbeleivable! I am happy they didnt car jack you.

Also, now afterwarda: where did you hide the keys?

·
Registered
180 Posts

UKMFreak said:
Recieved the dredded phone call today, house been broken into and M5 gone (3 weeks old) They used a Porsche 911 Silver grey (Reg No either 33-PP-VL or 38-PP-VL) is was right hand drive and the person who saw the plates say the plates looked foreign, could be Southern Irish?

The use the 911 to break through the electric gates (nice to know M5 better resepected than 911) they broke into the house after kicking the door in (window smashed but held out) ransacked the house looking for the keys.. (found my hiding place!!!!) and drove of with the car... Tracker now activated..

If they find the car I hope they find it burnt out with the little F*cker and his mate still at the wheeel.....

I'm in the Bucks area - I'll keep an eye - what colour ?

·
Registered
537 Posts

Actually the last thing you want them to do is find your car. A recovered stolen car will be nearly worthless when you resell it. Who knows how badly they abused it?

the best bet for the police to find it burned out or totalled.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
What a bunch of thieving tossers!

There was a guy on FerrariChat who had 3 cars nicked (one being a 550 Maranello) from his home in Kent in one swoop. Same story guys broke in the house to get the keys. This tatic worryingly, seems to be on the increase in the UK.

Best thing is to have an extremely strong safe in which to keep valuables (keys, watches, jewellery, credit cards).

·
Registered
3,327 Posts

UKMFreak said:
They used a Porsche 911 Silver grey (Reg No either 33-PP-VL or 38-PP-VL) is was right hand drive and the person who saw the plates say the plates looked foreign, could be Southern Irish?
Looks like a dutch plate to me. Yellow plates front and rear? with a little blue sections on the left? FYI: ran them through the dutch plate register:

33-PP-VL: VW Touareg 3.2, gray
38-PP-VL: Audi A6 Avant 2.4, gray

Ran all close numbers as well, no 911 pops up, although 37-PP-VL is no longer registred in Holland. Funny, since 01-PP-VL (Skoda) is from 01/11/2004, and 99-PP-VL (VW) from 07/11/2004. The entire __-PP-VL range was registred in 7 days and used on Audi, VW, Skoda. All imported by the same company, who also imports Porsche.

·
Registered
75 Posts

Sorry about your loss..
Best investment you can make is a home safe..bigger the better
Was the m in the garage or parked in the driveway so they the dirt baggs could see it?

UKMFreak said:

·
Registered
3,327 Posts

Stevie said:
Looks like a dutch plate to me. Yellow plates front and rear? with a little blue sections on the left? FYI: ran them through the dutch plate register:

33-PP-VL: VW Touareg 3.2, gray
38-PP-VL: Audi A6 Avant 2.4, gray
Still crunching numbers here:

50-PP-VL is a gray (could be any shade, register only know basic colors) 911 (997) Carrera S automatic, registered on Oct. 6th 2004 and hasn't been transfered since.

51-PP-VL, Cayenne 3.2, gray
52-PP-VL, Cayenne 3.2, black

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Stevie thanks for that, will pass on the the police much appreciated... My Reg No was HK05VFM and was Interlargos Blue... The car was on the drive, but house is back from the road, I have had 3 people take pic's of my car with phones since new that I have seen. One on the M40 last week, with he twat haging out of the window of his Astra in the fast lane!!!

This must be a steal to order, the Police seem to agree.. However they did take nearly 7 hours to turn up!!!

I will keep you updated on progress, the interesteing one is the insurance company... will they be able to replace my car with a 2 year waiting list in the UK?

·
Registered
3,327 Posts

UKMFreak said:
This must be a steal to order, the Police seem to agree.. However they did take nearly 7 hours to turn up!!!

I will keep you updated on progress, the interesteing one is the insurance company... will they be able to replace my car with a 2 year waiting list in the UK?
You're welcome, you just owe me a ride when you get it back!

Wazzup with the tracker, why is this taking so long? If the thieves found and disabled the tracker this quick it almost has to be tip-off work....

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I am usually on the E39 side of things, but I saw the post and had to read it. ****, Thats aweful and I hope they do catch them behind the wheel burning!!! Please let us know what happens:typing:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Stevie said:
You're welcome, you just owe me a ride when you get it back!

Wazzup with the tracker, why is this taking so long? If the thieves found and disabled the tracker this quick it almost has to be tip-off work....

Tracker was activated 2 hours after the car was stolen, it will be interesting to see if they do find it.. Passed your info on to the Police, they are going to make the relevant departments aware?

I will be more than happy to let you have the car for a weekend if you come over to the UK, if they get her back...

·
Registered
3,327 Posts

UKMFreak said:
Tracker was activated 2 hours after the car was stolen, it will be interesting to see if they do find it.. Passed your info on to the Police, they are going to make the relevant departments aware?

I will be more than happy to let you have the car for a weekend if you come over to the UK, if they get her back...
I'd be a raving lunatic to turn that down, but a jackass not to try to help you recover your car!. If the police wants to check this the can enter any Dutch plate here for a quick check on car type, no owner records are public though:

https://info.apk.nl/ovi/oviinvoer.aspx

Dutch Porsche importer is PON: +31 33 4949461
Usually a helpful crowd, might be quicker then going through Dutch police.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Sorry for your loss. hal2000 is right though. who knows how much they abused it. Let's hope the insurance company will get you a new one fast enough so that you won't have to wait for many months.

·
Registered
546 Posts
My thoughts are with you, very sad to hear about your loss...

Hope the tracker works so you can get her back soon. Please keep us posted.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts