BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a cat back Tubi system on my M6 and have my 2,400 mile original system in my garage now cut into 3 pieces. I will probably sell my car sometime in the next 6-12 months and don't know why I would bother removing the Tubi system as it is more trouble then it is worth. I also can't see how I would easily ship the OEM system when I do sell the car so this being the case, I present the following questions......

1. Do you think and new owners would care about not having the factory exhaust with the car?

2. Is there any use for or value to the M6 exhaust other than putting it out with the trash?

I sold a couple of stock AMG exhausts and my CTS-V exhaust as lots of people were putting those on the "standard" models. Are people putting M6 exhausts on 650's?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
My OEM exhaust is also in a box in the garage. When I sell the 2008 and pick up a 2010, the Tubi will go on the 2010 since it cost $3k and returns no value in the sale. $200 should cover the transfer installation.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Unless some one has a lease turn-in and wants (or needs) to return the car to stock, I can't see them keeping or buying a used stock set of pipes. Unless of course the after-market exhaust turned out to be so loud that the neighbors are forming a lynch mob and that stock set of pipes is starting to look good again!

·
8,369 Posts
When I had my M5, I put on Tubi exhaust.
I tried to sell my original exhaust here and no one wanted it.
I sold it in eBay for 50 bucks.

Some guys here just bury their original exhaust in their backyard as they cant get rid of them : )

Similar to you and Ajax, my original exhaust is in the garage inside the Tubi original boxes.
I plan on removing the Tubi and put on the original exhaust when its time to sell my beast.
I just dont know if I can degrade my car from its current state.

Decisions, decisions...............

If your stock exhaust is just taking up room in the garage and you dont know if you'll ever put it to good use again - there is always eBay.

Some young kid that owns a Honda Civic might try and put it on their cars : )

·
Registered
126 Posts
??? $200 for transfer installation

$200 for transfer installation seems low......is that what mr ajax paid for install....man knows how to get a deal.....hold on to parts,when you are ready to sell some buyers like to have original equipment,if not then sell items.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
$200 for transfer installation seems low......is that what mr ajax paid for install....man knows how to get a deal.....
I owe that to Dan Whatheheck who found a great BMW mechanic for me in the Seattle area: Parker Davis BroadStroke I think I paid about $100 + tip for the initial install.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmmm, I think I may have to burry it or lay it out for the scrap collectors....I live downtown so if it is metal and not bolted down, it will disappear! :3:

·
8,369 Posts
Thanks for the credit Ajax.

Yes, our BMW mechanic Parker is great. Does a great job, a certified BMW mechanic, he knows what he's doing and charges very reasonably.

When I purchased my Tubi for my M5, I thought I'd try to do it myself.
Make a long story short, there were 4 of us trying to install it, took us almost 8 hours and still not done right.

So I took it to a reputable muffler shop that deals with higher end cars.
They did a fantastic job and I was out of there in 1 hour.

Lesson learned. Big jobs like that that requires a lift and special tools - leave it to the pros.

I owe that to Dan Whatheheck who found a great BMW mechanic for me in the Seattle area: Parker Davis BroadStroke I think I paid about $100 + tip for the initial install.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have noticed that most of you guys have bought tubi over other exhaust systems. I am in between the tubi and RPI. What do you guys think is the difference between these two exhaust systems. I definitely need some help here, I've been somewhat confused with making a choice between these two.

·
8,369 Posts
Tubi and RPI both make very good exhaust systems. It comes down to personal taste / what sound you are after.

We are all different so Tubi may sound good to me but not to you.

So I suggest you listen to both Tubi Rumore and RPI exhaust, then decide for yourself what's best for you, what makes you happy and what puts on a smile on your face, the go buy it.

I love my Tubi and will stick with Tubi.

I have noticed that most of you guys have bought tubi over other exhaust systems. I am in between the tubi and RPI. What do you guys think is the difference between these two exhaust systems. I definitely need some help here, I've been somewhat confused with making a choice between these two.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
It is a matter of personal preference. If you want the best sound and quality, get Tubi. Best $3 grand you can spend on your car.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Thanks for the responses. I have checked you tube for some clips to compare both sound, but they both sound great. I just do not want something that will wake up the whole family in the morning. I' m not looking for something obnoxious like some others that I have seen out there.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Our V10 motors are quite loud until they've warmed up for a minute and definitely will rattle the china a bit. But with Tubi it is soothing music, not noise.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts