BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would these work? I am pondering a custom system..... until I get some TUBIS (prefer this sound). only $145 ea. I plan on going from the stock resonators back. I don't want too loud or any resonance/drone in the cabin.

Double Wall, Straight Cut
2.25" Inlet, 3.5" Diam. Tips
7" Tip Length
5" x 8" Oval Body
14" Muffler Body Length

<TABLE width=500 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE width=500 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width=300>
The Street Series is designed for the souped up street machine. It features a high flow tuning tube, balanced to the needs of the high revving import engine. The Street Series emits a smooth, deep tone while offering improved performance over OEM equipment. The Street Series is recommended for street cars with bolt-on performance modifications and custom body kits.</TD><TD vAlign=center width=200>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
Registered
96 Posts
You need 2.5 inch tubes

I had my system custom made from the factory 'H' back. The guys used 2.5 inch stainless steel tubing throughout.
My cats had been removed by the previous owner (no emmission test required in NZ) - I had the resonators removed and then we go straight to a couple of Rage mufflers with large single outlets on each side.
Great sound, not too loud inside - nice outside but LOUD!!!! if I floor it over 2000rpm.

Good Luck

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
The smaller the boxes the louder the sound will BE!!!

I have Cats removed, joined by 63mm (like SS) X-pipe and finished with free-flowing boxes (63mm inside diameter) completed with 90mm tips...

Sounds lovelove horrifying , some resonance but not too much...

I wish I'd still had a clip of it :crying: May be someone has MY exhaust sound recorded and can post it or send it to me pls mmmmmm ...

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, found a TUBI system new in box from board member. great deal, no waiting.

·
Registered
200 Posts
m5 rus said:
The smaller the boxes the louder the sound will BE!!!

I have Cats removed, joined by 63mm (like SS) X-pipe and finished with free-flowing boxes (63mm inside diameter) completed with 90mm tips...

Sounds lovelove horrifying , some resonance but not too much...

I wish I'd still had a clip of it :crying: May be someone has MY exhaust sound recorded and can post it or send it to me pls mmmmmm ...
Did you feel more power after you remove your cats?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts