BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am going to reinstall the stock exhaust back to my M5. However, I found the tip got scratched heavily. Is there any method to renew the tip?

Or do I need to change the whole tip?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Tips

Is it on the top side of the tips or the bottom? Can it be seen when on the car. ? Any pics of the scratches ? Are they deep scratches ?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Back when i had my E39 with the stock tips, i had one that was badly scratched: I used emery cloth and ALOT of elbow grease to basically sand through the scratch then progressively polish by going with lighter and lighter wet sand paper...was a huge *MESSY* chore, especially when i realized i had three more to do to make them all match!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's on top of the tip. I believe when people take it down, they put it on the floor and scratched it. Just like this photo I found from ebay.

Is it on the top side of the tips or the bottom? Can it be seen when on the car. ? Any pics of the scratches ? Are they deep scratches ?

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, after you uses wet sand paper, can you polish it and make it glossy as the original one?

Back when i had my E39 with the stock tips, i had one that was badly scratched: I used emery cloth and ALOT of elbow grease to basically sand through the scratch then progressively polish by going with lighter and lighter wet sand paper...was a huge *MESSY* chore, especially when i realized i had three more to do to make them all match!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts