BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,

I'm going to get a baseline dyno done on my car before anything aftermarket(if I actually decide to go with aftermarket mods) goes on the car.

I'm wondering what kind of numbers people are getting on the rollers. I am looking for STOCK NUMBERS ONLY.

I will be doing the dyno on a Dynapack, I'm assuming these show lower numbers than the more common Dynojet ? Is this true ?

Preferably would like to hear from 2000 M5's (MY), but the 01+ can also chime in as well.

TIA,

·
Super Moderator
10,462 Posts
stock numbers i've seen posted on this board (you can probably find some posts with the search feature) range from 325-345 hp at the wheels on a dynojet. I'd guess a dynapak would give higher numbers, since you're eliminating the potential for wheel/roller slip.

Mike

·
Registered
114 Posts
I just had a dyno day with the Puget Sound BMW Club about 2 months back. I have a 2000 M5 (37k miles, no engine mods) with 333 rwhp and 314 ft-lb torque. The dyno is a dynojet at RPM in Kirkland, WA. Later in the afternoon a 2002 M5 had 333 rwhp and 329 ft-lb torque but had K&N air filters in the stock air boxes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts