BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Anyone know the weight of stock front & rear discs/rotors just need to know for shipping...

Cheers
-Steve

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,

Anyone know the weight of stock front & rear brake disc/rotors just need to know for shipping...

Cheers
-Steve
Hello there. I'm wondering if you were able to find the weight of the brake disc. I'm also searching for the weight of the brake disc because one of my friend would be shipping me a front and rear disc that I would be using as a replacement for my cousin's busted brake disc. Anyway, the weight information I need is also for shipping purposes. Anyone have a knowledge about this.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
I recently received a new brake set kit and although the rotors are aftermarket i would say they're close to stock weight given by their similar size. With that said, and this is just a rough guesstimate, id say a single stock rotor (brake disc) weighs around 30 pounds after holding and inspecting the aftermarket disc.

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
I still have the data from a few years back. A stock front rotor is 26.5 lbs. For reference, the Stoptech BBK front rotor/hat is 18.8 lbs.

Reactions: D-RodM5

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Ha! I was close! kinggf ...thanks for the Stoptech rotor info!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts