BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Still waiting on Tubi

1K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Parkerfe 
#1 ·
Tubi called and said my exhaust is on back order. They are selling so fast in Europe that they can't get them in the states fast enough. Two more weeks of waiting I am told.

------------------

#2 ·
Look forward to your install and feedback.

Mark

#5 ·
Originally posted by GradX:

Parkerfe: have you actually heard the Tubis on an M5 yet? Is it anything like the 355 stock sound?

If so, I'll just go ahead and order now.
Yes. I heard one on a car at the M5 driving experience. It does sound very similar to a stock 355 sound. A burbling sound at idle that increases in pitch as the revs increase. At full throttle it has that high pitch wail like a Ferrrar V-8. I would orderone now if I were you. It seems like its going to take 3 months from date of order to delivery.

------------------

#6 ·
Did you go to the M5 experience recently? I remember you posting back in late August that Tubistyle was coming out with m5 exhausts in 2001 but then you mentioned hearing them so I was kinda confused.

#7 ·
Did you go to the M5 experience recently? I remember you posting back in late August that Tubistyle was coming out with m5 exhausts in 2001 but then you mentioned hearing them so I was kinda confused.
Yes I had heard it wasn't going to be until 2001. Then I saw one in Spartanburg and found out that you could order one from Canada for $3600 U.S. Here they will only cost $2100 U.S. so I decided to wait and order one from Tubi in the U.S.. By the way, are you going to Road Atlanta this weekend ?

------------------

#8 ·
I contacted Tubistyle last week and here is what they had to say:

David, Price is $ 2,300. Sound is Deep 12 Cyl. Tone , But Quite @ Highway
Speed. Our Agent for The M-5 Exhaust is WIDEWORLD OF CARS, INC. Ph.#
914-425-2600 ext.247 Mr. Dean Roamer

As far as Road Atlanta this weekend, I probably won't be there unless I'm really bored. Old cars just aren't my thing.

#10 ·
I contacted Tubistyle last week and here is what they had to say:

David, Price is $ 2,300. Sound is Deep 12 Cyl. Tone , But Quite @ Highway
Speed. Our Agent for The M-5 Exhaust is WIDEWORLD OF CARS, INC. Ph.#
914-425-2600 ext.247 Mr. Dean Roamer

As far as Road Atlanta this weekend, I probably won't be there unless I'm really bored. Old cars just aren't my thing.
Old cars..yes. But there will be old F1 cars(from 70s and 80s) running as well as Indy, Cart, CanAm and others.

------------------

#12 ·
Parkerfe:
How big is the event? Will it be as crowded as the Petit Lemans? And where is the best place to watch. Oh and which day/time do you suggest to meet.

Its not as big as PLM. I move around the track to look at different views of the cars. If you're coming I'll be on the look out for you. I'll be in a jet black M5 eith Ga. tag# FEP. Honk if you see me.

------------------

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.