BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, to follow-up on a previous thread a couple of months ago, we have the Dinan front camber plates and still are wearing the outside edges of the front wheels.

First idea was to have some more radical pates fabricated, but as it turns out, the Dinan plates provide the maximum amount of front negative camber with the stock springs, because the inboard edge of the top stock spring perches are right up against the inboard part of the inside of the front shock towers.

Soooooo.... how to get more negative camber up there to help reduce uneven tire wear?

Ideas? (not interested in lowering the car) Last time the GC kit was brought up because it uses a smaller diameter spring up front which would allow more camber adjustment. Does anyone now have any experience with this setup? Would be very interested in hearing some opinions.

TIA :wroom:

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
gc now sells strut mounts to fit large OEM size or small coilover type spring. I have not seen any feedaback about how much camber adjustment is allowed with the OEM style mount. I can't imagine how it could offer enough camber adjustment because the factory spring perch is too large and will contact the shock tower.

If you buy some, please provide feedback.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Lscman- It seems if you are using the OEM diameter springs, you cant get any more negative camber at stock ride height than what the Dinan Camber plates give you, as the inside of the top of the spring is put just about at the inside of the interior of the shock tower, so the only possible way I can see to accomplish this (short of modifying the shock towers themselves) is to switch to a smaller diameter spring and new matching camber plates (which is what I though the GC kit was). Maybe Ill have to give GC a call to get some tech infor on their kit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts