BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

Decided to take the beast out for a spin a few days ago, and noticed that the engine was running a little rough but no codes came up (Max speed was around 50mph). I took it out again and was driving on the freeway (Max speed was 65-70) and then I received "Service Engine, Reduce Power" Code. I plugged in a scanner and got a P305 Cylinder 5 misfire.

I replaced all 10 plugs about 3k miles ago, plus 2 new coil packs (including #5). I swapped coil packs was still getting a misfire on #5. I swapped the Ionic Modules, still the same misfire. What else is left for me to check? I take the car out every 2 weeks, currently sitting with 95k miles. I'd appreciate any help thank you!:grin

·
Registered
2 Posts
Clean or replace the MAFS. I had same issue after a few runs at HPDE days at Mid Ohio. Hot days and hard driving. I changed plugs, coils and injectors. did it again last week. Always reads misfire in #5. M5 boards suggest looking into your MAFS.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
dr_dirtg
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing